Monday, April 18, 2011

My lunch today

Most week days, I don't usually bother to fix myself something to eat for lunch. I normally graze all day long; a little cereal in the morning, then later a granola or fiber bar, then I move onto chips, candy, chocolate, and perhaps a frozen "meal" like a Hot Pocket. Then I'd have some more chips or candy, and then more junk, and then we'd eat supper...99% of the time it's full meal: meat, 2 veggies, & dessert/fruit. No wonder I feel hungry all the time, and no wonder I keep packing on the pounds.

So this morning, I had a small bowl of generic Lucky Charms. I know, I know, not the healthiest of choices, but it was a SMALL bowl, and only one bowl at that!! A little later, I had some Wheat Thin crackers, & a cheese stick (from Aldi's Lite & Fit line). I folded laundry, cleaned part of my truck out (doing this in stages, so I don't feel overwhelmed), and then clipped all the coupons from yesterday's circulars. (I had 4 coupon inserts to go through!!) I also made a store list, so I can get that taken care of tomorrow after my hair appointment. Anyway, I started feeling a little hungry, and started to root around the kitchen & pantry for something quick to eat. I looked in the pantry....nothing. I looked in the cupboards...again, nothing. I looked on the counter, and decided I'd slice up some of the tomatoes that were beginning to show their age. Now....what to have with those?! I opened the door to the fridge, and sitting there, on the top shelf, in one of my Gladware containers, what about 1/4lb. of leftover lean ground beef. I decided I'd make myself a burger. As I was cooking this burger, I decided to forgo the hamburger bun, and just eat it sans bread, with a little ketchup & mustard. And then, I decided I'd also have a small Golden Delicious apple for my "dessert" and I had some ice water too!! See?!?!.......

I sprinkled the tomatoes with a little coarse sea salt, grabbed a fork, and enjoyed every last bite of my lunch!! That orange bottle, with my ice water in it, I picked up at Goodwill for 50 cents. It was brand new, still in it's packaging!! The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't fit inside any of my cup holders in the truck! Oh well, it works, it's functional, and if it helps me drink more water, than it can't be all bad!!

No comments: