Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ahhhh....Saturday....

We ALL slept in this morning, and after the week we've had, I believe we deserved it. Andy's been battling his allergies for weeks now, and as things continue to green up around here, they'll get worse I'm afraid. All I know is this...I am so grateful that both children's & adult Allegra are available over the counter. I had the adult version, but finally bought a box of the children's version yesterday. I gave him two tablets last night before bed, and what a difference. He's still a little stuffy, but nothing like it's been. I wonder if that's why he slept for almost 12 hours?! I had to wake him up this morning, so he could go with his dad to the recycling center. Andy loves that place.

Well, I'm sure you've all been wondering about the job situation, and I can you this: Brian didn't win the little auction. This company got what they wanted, and in my opinion what they deserve. The lowest bidding contractor low-balled everyone (even himself to be honest), and he was already the least expensive contractor. I mean, DUH!! However, this particular contractor has no state electrical license, and he strikes me as one of those guys who, in my opinion, knows enough about electrical work to be dangerous. Brian knows this guy personally, and just from what he's said about him, he doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the box, if you know what I mean?! But I digress...no one seems to be willing to share who won the 2nd spot, so to speak. Brian came in third, as far as cheapest price for labor. He stopped at what he's currently charging them. He refused to lower his labor rate. I'm proud of him for sticking to his guns. There is still a lot of drama unfolding as the fall out from this little auction continues. There are company mechanics & some service men who are voicing their opinions about not wanting either of the winning bidders in their stores doing work. Their biggest concern however, is who do they call in an emergency. Brian has already made it clear, that if this company can't guarantee him enough service calls to get in 40 hours a week, he doesn't want them just throwing him a little bit of work now & then, so they can have him around in the event of an emergency. Brian doesn't work that way....he's not made that way. You see, his dad did work for this company for almost 30 years, and Brian's been doing work for them for almost 17 years.  In the 17+ years we've been married, we have never taken a vacation, weekend trip, or even a honeymoon. The most time that Brian's ever taken off work was about 10-14 days (counting weekends), after I had the twins. And even then, if there was an emergency, he went out on that call. Now THAT is what I call being loyal. Unfortunately,  to this company and/or the guy who made the decision to hold this so called auction, loyalty is a foreign concept. Do I sound mad? You bet I am...I am so ticked off over this whole thing, and how people are so willing to screw people over to make sure they get ahead. I am so happy, proud, and blessed that my husband is not made that way. If he's going to get ahead, it's going to be through hard work and perseverance. Plain & simple.

I appreciate all the prayers that have gone out over this. I am truly thankful and lucky to have friends so willing to pray with & for me/us. I believe they are working, too. Brian got a handful of calls on Friday, after spending the day at home, on Thursday. I am cautiously optimistic that, in the end, we'll be okay. God has blessed me with a husband who is so willing to sacrifice for his family. Brian has many talents, and I know that, while things may get tight for awhile, it will all work out for the best, not only for us, but for Brian as well. Please continue to pray for us, him, and this situation. We're going to need them as time goes on. I promise to keep you posted on what's transpiring with the work situation, as things continue to work themselves out. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure!!

Love & hugs to you all!!

No comments: