Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Menu

Ahhhh, Mondays. There is nothing like crappy weather to get the week started, huh? Especially after enjoying a gloriously beautiful, sunny, and 80+ degree day the day before!! I have the impending cold front headache, and my sinuses are going hay wire. Yep...there just isn't anything quite like springtime in Ohio, that's for sure!

I didn't sleep well last night either. Just couldn't get to sleep, and when I finally did drift off into dreamland, my visits there were short lived. I think I might have gotten a 2 hour stretch where I slept, but I spent the better part of the night and early morning, waking up about every 45 minutes or so. Not sure if it's Brian's work situation, my 2nd to last PTO meeting (ever), the fact that this meeting is a joint meeting, meaning parents & staff from all 3 elementary schools will be there, or just life's stresses in general wreaking havoc with my sleep. Whatever it is/was, I hope it disappears by tonight.

Anyway, I worked on my menu plan, for this week, while I wasn't able to sleep. There is nothing extraordinary or new on my menu plan this week. I think I'm headed toward being in a rut, food-wise. I feel like I fix the same things week after week after week. Time to start looking for recipe ideas, and get more creative with some of the ingredients I already have on hand. The Kroger & Meijer ads aren't very good this week, so it should be easy for me to stay within my budget.

MONDAY: brats, mac & cheese, and salads
TUESDAY: soup & grilled cheese
WEDNESDAY: grilled steaks, baked potatoes, & corn
THURSDAY: chicken, potatoes, & green beans
FRIDAY: grilled venison, mashed potatoes, & salads
SATURDAY: pizzas (most likely frozen, but may check coupons for take out deals)
SUNDAY: sloppy joes, oven fries, & salads

See? Nothing special, new, or exciting...just the same 'ol same 'ol!! *sigh*

Love & hugs to you all!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Do you guys like any kind of casserole type dishes? What are totally out of the question? Let me know and I will throw some recipes your way! :)