Yesterday, I came to the realization that my little girl, like it or not, is becoming a young woman. It's very hard for me, as her mother, to welcome this new stage of her life. Hard, I guess, is an understatement. I know what lies ahead for her, as she gets older and becomes more mature. Not only the physical pains that comes with being a woman, but the emotional ones as well. I know that some day, I'll be drying her tears, and telling her that the boy who just broke her heart isn't worth the salt in her tears. That she can do better, and more importantly, that she deserves better. I also know that I'll have to cheer her on, cheer her up, and encourage her as she pursues sports or band or clubs, or well, just life in general. And as I stood there, fighting back the tears, as my little girl sat in my big tub surrounded by bubbles, and shaving her legs for the very first time, this must have been how my mom felt when I shaved my legs for the first time. Not quite a woman, and yet not a little girl anymore. *sigh* Who knew raising a daughter would be so hard, emotional, and well, heart breaking?!!?
Love & hugs to you all!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
2 comments:
I feel your pain!!! Allie was begging me to shave and I finally let her!!! Yup Ang...our baby girls are becoming little ladies!!
I hate it!! And there's not a darn thing I can do about it either!! *sigh* I think someone said something to her about her legs awhile back, as a couple weeks ago she wore KNEE socks with leggings to hide the hair on her legs. She told no one said anything to her, but I'm not sure if she was telling me the whole truth. Anyway...see you tonight at the band concert!!
Post a Comment