Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Goodwill finds for girls

As I posted before, I've recently begun a love affair for thrifting. Why I waited so long, I have no idea, but I'm happy to be among thrift store shoppers. Finding really cute, nice, and let's face it, practically brand new things for girls, at Goodwill & other thrift stores, is easy. Just last week, I went into a local Goodwill, looking for a pair of cleats for my son, which I did find, by the way, and starting looking through racks & racks of clothing. I found lots of nice shirts for my son, but nothing in the way of bottoms for him. I made my way over to the girls section, and began combing through the scads of clothing hanging from the racks. There were lots of name brand clothing to be had: Justice, Limited Too, The Gap, Aeropostale, A&F, Sonoma, Carter's, Chap's, Candie's, Levi's, etc. I had to inject a little self control when it came to picking out things for my daughter, as she has plenty of clothes. I did manage to pick up a handful of items...okay, maybe it was more like a handful & a half, but I was able to get her some really cute things. Some will come in handy this summer, and others will work just fine for back to school!!
I apologize for the lack of a quality photo, as you can see some of Andy's clothing under hers....I was in a hurry!!
The Monkey Face pullover, the grey zippered hoodie, and the argyle sweater vest are all Aeropostale; the olive green & light blue tees are Sonoma brand; the orange-ish tee & the striped one under it are both Old Navy, and the bright pink zip up jacket is from The Gap. I got them all for under $12!! I also found a pair of khaki slacks (Old Navy) and 2 pair of shorts (Champion), that aren't pictured. I spent about $20 on each of my kids, and got them both some really nice things!!

And if you have a teenage daughter, who's looking to score a beautiful dress to wear to prom, you owe it to yourself and your wallet to check out Goodwill & other thrift type stores, before paying retail!! You would be amazed by the quality of dresses you could find, and at a mere fraction of the cost!!

Again...Happy Thrifting!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.... DMCtween just bought me a shirt and her daddy a towel this weekend (the towel was a dish towel and brand new)! I love a good thrift buy!!!!

yay, its almost garage sale season here too!

Coolwhip said...

I haven't gone to a yard/garage sale in ages...I did one with my MIL last year, but to actually go to one...haven't done it in ages!! Looking forward to it as well!! I should have taken a picture of the OSU pullover hoodie I got for Andy...it looks practically brand new!! It will be perfect for back to school!! =)