Things here in our neck of the woods, could be in for some changing in the very near future. Work, for Brian, could go from abundant to next to nothing, stay the same, or increase...depending on how things go this morning. A company that he does a lot of subcontracting work for, is changing how they hire subcontractors, all in an effort to save money. I'm all in favor of saving money, both on a personal as well as business level. However the way that this company is going about it, I feel, is underhanded, and well, shameful. They are going for the lowest bid possible, not willing to pay ANY travel time, nor accept a 2 hour minimum for any service calls, regardless of a subcontractor's knowledge of their buildings or experience in the field (electrical). And while this company, for the most part, demands loyalty of it's subcontractors (ie. frowning upon doing electrical work for it's competitors), the lack of loyalty, on their part, to me, is disgraceful.
We should know one way or the other, how things are going to change for us, by the end of the week. Possibly even by this evening. While I am nervous about the possible outcome of this ordeal, I am not worried. I have this weird feeling that no matter what, we'll be okay. I believe in for better or worse, in sickness & in health, for richer or poorer, til death do us part. I am willing, if needed, to look for work to help out. I am more determined to watch where every penny goes, roll our loose change & cash it in rather than continuing to collect it in buckets, keep the heat turned down & the A/C set higher, stay home as much as possible to conserve gas, and just save money where ever I/we can. And the food waste in this house has got to end NOW!!
In other news, the kids spring band concert is tonight. I can't wait!! Their classes will not be singing in this concert, but the 5th grade band will be performing. I hope to get a couple good pictures of them performing tonight. The is also the last week in the 3rd grading period which means only one thing....their very last quarter of elementary school. And it's going to fly by like nobody's business!! We also got a text from Andy's baseball coach, confirming he's on the same team as last year!! Thank you, God!! Our prayers have been answered regarding this situation!! We had a really great summer with ball last year!! Not sure when practices will begin, but my guess is they will start soon. Now maybe Andy will quit bugging us about it!!
Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday. There is snow in the forecast tonight & tomorrow...hopefully it will miss us, like the last two times they were calling for snow. I am ready for spring!!
Love & hugs to you all!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Praying for your DH's work situation. The 'not knowing' part is scary. Please post when you know more.
Post a Comment