Is it me, or has this week just flown by in a heartbeat. I mean, wasn't it just Monday yesterday!? No? Oh well, maybe it is just me! I feel like I've been going 100 mph all week, but hardly have anything to show for it. I spent the better part of yesterday at the grocery stores. Yes, I said stores...with an "s." I went to Aldi, Meijer, & Kroger respectively. Each of these stores have their own unique pros & cons, but I won't delve into that today. Just suffice it to say that by the time the late news came on last night, I was a goner. Can't remember the last time I fell asleep that early.
Anyway, we didn't get near as much snow as I'd hoped we would, which means we didn't have a snow day or even a 2 hour delay this morning. I think I was more bummed about it than the kids were. However, I will be busy today. I'm doing laundry now, hoping to get it all caught up today & tonight, so I won't have to do any this weekend. Around 11 or so, my dear friend, Erin, is coming over and we are going to start decluttering and dejunking, and for lack of a better term, clean my/our formal dining room. You see, over the years, it has become, for me anyway, my "stash & dash" room. Its wear I stash things, throw things, etc. when I either want to hide them from someone (usually gifts I'm hiding), or when I need to straighten up the house, and I just toss things in there, to get them out of the way. Well, eventually, it gets to the point of no return. Where you suddenly get tired of even walking passed that room, let alone looking at it, or in it. It's an eyesore....and I am ashamed of myself for allowing it to get that way.
Besides, I am hoping that once it's cleaned out that we'll start looking for dining room furniture again. Not only will I gain the satisfaction of having a clean dining room, but also it'll mean that one more room is finally complete & fully furnished. I can't wait!! I will be taking before & after pictures...maybe even some "during" shots as well. Stay tuned as my journey into having a clean & somewhat tidy home continues.
Love & hugs to you all!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment