Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting started

Well, the kidlets went back to school today. I was so worried about over sleeping, that I didn't sleep well last night. But, I managed to get up before everyone else, put on Brian's coffee, throw a load of towels into the washer, and get the kids up (as Brian was getting ready for work), and then take a shower. I have begun letting my son start my truck up in the mornings before we have to leave for school. No sense in me having to weather the cold, but I have a perfectly good 10 year old boy on hand! LOL All kidding aside, he loves being able to start my truck, and I love not having to go out in the freezing cold and/or snow to start it up. It's what I call a win/win situation, for sure!!

Anyway, as I said in a previous post, my plan was to take the kids to school, and then to either Lowe's or Home Depot for some storage totes/containers. Well, about 1/2 way to Home Depot, I decided I'd check out what kinds of storage totes Meijer might have on hand. If they didn't have what I wanted, at what I figured would be better prices, then I'd head across the road to the Home Depot. Well, I hit the jack pot. The mother load. The be all end all of storage totes!! I have many sizes, colors, and styles to choose from at Meijer, and while they weren't all on sale, some of them were. I purchased 5 large Rubbermaid Roughtotes, 5 small Rubbermaid Roughtotes, 2 Christmas ornament organizers (1 for each kid), light bulbs, a new pedometer, an exercise journal, and some resistance bands. I spent a small fortune, but all things will be put to great use, and I know I'll be headed back to Meijer by the end of the month for more totes. Well, that's my plan anyway. I got home and immediately began working in the laundry room: hung up clothes in our closets that have been hanging in there for months, did another load of laundry, found the 2 new lunch totes I'd ordered from LL Bean, for the kids, that I hadn't been able to find (funny, I don't remember putting them in the laundry room), and I cleaned out one drawer. Not a huge start, but it's a start, none the less. I need to designate some boxes that I've been saving for yard sale stuff. I'll need one for kitchen items, one for household items (bedding, pictures, knick-knacks, etc), one for girls clothes & shoes, one for boys clothes & shoes, one for men's items, etc. I don't really want to utilize my new totes for yard sale stuff, but I might have to do that with the clothing items & bedding stuff. Like I said, I am really motivated to get this going, and hopefully have it finished by spring, or early summer. After the laundry/mud room is cleaned out & organized, I'll be moving on to our dining room....it's in shambles. A total waste of space right now. It has become my catch all room. Brian & I looked at dining room furniture during the holidays, but all I could think was where I am going to put all that crap that I have accumulated if we get a new table & chairs?!? Suffice it to say, we didn't get a new table & chairs, but maybe next Christmas!

I bought breakfast at McDonald's this morning, and it's stuck with me all day. I did have 2 Reese's peanut butter hearts though. Time to start sucking up the water. I've been doing good each day getting at least 50 ounces in me, which doesn't seem like a lot, but when you figure I've gone from drinking 3-4 regular Cokes per day, sometimes more, down to just one ( my morning "coffee"), and then drinking water and the occasional diet soda, I think I'm doing fairly well. I am hoping to increase my water intake to about 60 ounces by the end of the week.

I'm going to begin working on taking our trees down this evening, while the kids are working on homework. I think I'm just going to concentrate on getting the kids' tree down tonight, and then begin work on our tree tomorrow. I'll alternate between the tree & the laundry room, so as to keep me from getting bored and/or tired. I am also hoping to maybe sneak in my one mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD. It's only about a 15 minute workout, but I've got to start somewhere, and work my way up.

I am all about accountability and motivation right now!! Wish me luck!
Love & hugs to you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on keeping your motivation going girlfriend...on everything except the SPENDING LESS MONEY! We'll let that one slide this one time. LOL - Love ya!

Coolwhip said...

LOL!! Well, in my defense, the storage totes WERE/ARE a necessary evil, and I decided to actually go with quality vs. quantity this time. I would have spent well over $200 on the things had I been able to get all the ones I needed today! 8-{ Anyway....I am slowly working on things, I just hope to not get burnt out! Love ya!