Monday, January 3, 2011

Off to a decent start....

Or at least I think I am, anyway! The kids will be heading back to school tomorrow, so it'll be much easier for me to start the whole de-cluttering and getting rid of process!! Who knew that trying to clean things out with kids was so damn difficult?!!? Tomorrow, I am planning on going to Lowe's or Home Depot to get some nice, rugged Rubbermaid containers so as to start this process. I am, however, conflicted over two things: 1.) where to begin & 2.) how many containers to actually purchase. HA!! My heart is telling to start this cleaning out process upstairs, with the kids old toys & clothes, but my head is telling me to start where we'll see the most immediate results....the laundry/mud room!! It is, after all, the first room you see when you come into my home...well, if you enter my home from our garage.

Our tree is still up as well!! Taking our big tree down is usually a 3-4 day job. The kids tree will come down this afternoon, as it's a quick take down job. Most of the new clothes we received as gifts have been washed, dried, & put away, as have almost all of their new games & toys. It's Monday and my washer & dryer are going, and it's almost time for lunch and kitchen clean up. Supper tonight will be sloppy joes, I think. I don't have any frozen potatoes/fries, so I might make the kids & Brian some fried potatoes. Or I could make some homemade fries. Not sure yet. I guess since it's the first Monday of the new year, I should probably get back into making & posting my weekly menus.

I haven't exercised yet this new year, but just by cutting back on pop, drinking more water, and watching portion sizes, I'm already down 1.4lbs. I know it's not much, but it's a start!! I am, at the moment, motivated to make the change for myself. I need to find my pedometer, or perhaps I'll buy myself a decent new one!!

Hope every one's 2011 is off to a rockin' start!! All of our snow has melted, but it's since turned cold again. I love the snow, and I'm sorry, if it's going to be this cold, I want something pretty to look at outside my window in the winter. Dead grass, leafless trees, & mud just aren't cutting it!! Haha!!

Happy New Year everyone!! Love & hugs to you all!!

No comments: