Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a GORGEOUS day!

After getting a slow start this morning, it's actually turned out to be a most gorgeous day! I'm feeling rather energetic right now, but that wasn't exactly the case this morning. Nope, this morning, I was about at my wits end..on the verge of tears..just one breath away from screaming at the top of my lungs..stressed out beyond belief..somewhat sleep deprived, but you get the picture.

There I was this morning, sitting in the teacher's lounge at school, working on putting together PTO information folders & Market Day sample bags for the kindergarten students to take home today. Honestly, I had wanted to get this done LAST week, but with the passing of my father the week before, I've come to realize that I am W-A-Y behind on everything!! As I was finishing up the little Market day bags, my cell phone rang. It was my best friend, Tammy, calling to ask if I could come out and play today. Now, my head was screaming NO! You have W-A-Y too much to do, you don't have time, did you not notice that massive pile of laundry on your bathroom floor?, etc. However, my heart was screaming MUCH louder (yay, heart), saying GO! You need the break, a little retail therapy will do you good, a nice lunch with adult conversation is what you need. So of course, my heart overruled my head!! YAY HEART!! :o)

We made plans to meet at Applebee's in Mansfield for lunch. We had an awesome time. Good food, excellent conversation, and did I mention that we had dessert?? It was the Blue Ribbon Brownie; 2 huge wedge slices of rich, chewy, & chocolaty goodness, with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, all drizzled with hot fudge sauce. What's not to love?!?! She & I split it. And besides, I can't imagine anyone eating an entire serving of this dessert...I think I'd puke!! hahaha Anyway, after lunch, we decided to go to Sam's Club. I got a little Christmas shopping, and as my luck would have it, my son found the Ohio State bag I'd bought him for Christmas! I told him that it was for his Aunt Deb, and that maybe, just maybe Santa would bring him one too! He seemed happy with that, so we'll see!! Hopefully, he won't remember come Christmas time! I also got some lunch things; chips, candy bars (for hubby's lunches), drinks, fruit, etc. I love going to Sam's Club, but good grief, did I spend a wad of cash!! After Sam's, I decided to come home & pick up the kids from school. Tammy had one more stop to make before heading home. Spending some time with her was just what I needed today.

And being outside, enjoying this absolutely perfect day was just the icing on the proverbial cake!! It's only 70*, clear blue skies, and that gorgeous sunshine!! What's not to love about a day like today??!

No comments: