Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to school

Got a call from the school's a little passed 9 tonight....school WILL be in session tomorrow; the power has finally been restored!!

My kids are so excited...I think they're even more excited than I am....naaaah...but I'll just let them believe that it's true!! I'm just glad that I won't have to drag them with me to get groceries. Everything always starts out okay, but about 2/3 of the way through my list they'll both start in on the whining, and the bickering, etc. It is soooo flippin' annoying!!

I've made my grocery list, got lunches packed, still have laundry going, and I even got the kids to bed by 9:30 tonight. It wasn't very hard, the cool weather and football practice really helped that along tonight.

So hopefully tomorrow will be the first day of getting back to normal around here.

2 comments:

LaFever's said...

I am glad to hear that you will be doing your grocery shopping in peace!!! Do you feel like a new woman with all this 21st century stuff...LOL!!!

Coolwhip said...

You have NO idea just how wonderful is was to get up this morning, and KNOW I could actually brush my teeth with running water, and flush the dang toilet. However, I'd grown used to the drone of the generator and had trouble getting to sleep last night! Go figure!!