I'm going C R A Z Y!! If our power is not restored by noon tomorrow, I'll not be responsible for what I might say or do! For those of you in the know, I finally was able to get a shower tonight, after the boy's football practice. The water was luke warm, and it was probably the shortest shower I've ever taken in my entire life, but HOLY COW!! I feel like a brand new woman!!! What a difference it has made!!
I might have to heat some water on the stove tomorrow, so I can wash some dishes. I also need to clean out the entire refrigerator. And at some point, I'll have to make a quick trip to the laundry-mat to do a few loads of laundry, so we'll all have some clean clothes to wear.
You know, you never realize what all you take for granted until it's not available to you anymore. I'm not just talking about hot water, running water (we're on a well), being able to cook a hot meal, even if it's just a microwavable one. I'm also talking about friends, spouses, family members; those people who you take for granted day in and day out, and then *POOF* they're gone and you're left wondering what the hell just happened.
Anyway....back to no school tomorrow. I guess since Gov. Strickland declared a state of emergency, the days the kids have missed due to the power outages, will not count as calamity days. Who knew?!?! Cheryl did, that's who!! lol
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
2 comments:
Twasn't me - I heard it from Katie, courtesy of her school working Mom. Thanks Deb!!
this is what happens when you listen to hear-say...LOL!!! I think they will count against us...SORRY for all of you who thought they did not (it is a possibility) that they won't...WHO KNOWS!!! Glad you were able to shower! We are praying for you...
Post a Comment