I admit it. I am a terrible housewife. Well, let me reiterate; I believe I'm a wonderful wife, but not so much when it comes to the taking care of the house part. I'm an excellent cook, so I've been told, as well as a decent baker, however when it comes to cleaning my house I totally and utterly S-U-C-K ..SUCK!! I get side tracked very easily. And I'm not very good a multi-tasking either. However, when I set my mind to cleaning, organizing, what have you, I give it my all, 110%, and as long as I don't get distracted along the way, when the job is completed, the area is spotless!!
Today I basically had 3 things I wanted to get done really badly, so at least when hubby asks "what did you do today?" I could actually say, without skipping a beat, "I did this, this, this & that!" Those 3 things were the dishes (which hadn't been done in 3, maybe 4 days), at least 3 loads of laundry, and last but not least, go through the piles, and I do mean piles of junk mail, bills, catalogs, school papers (from last year), books, boxes, etc. that were piled up in my kitchen and kitchen eating area.
So I guess now you must be wondering, "Good grief, woman! How did you do?" Well, let me tell you how I did!!
After dropping the kids off at school this morning, I came straight back home. I threw in my first load of laundry (a big load of towels). From there, I got online for about 45 minutes, checked my emails, a few blogs, and a frugal living forum I go to daily. After I finished up online, I did the dishes. I loaded the dishwasher and started it when it was full. What didn't fit, I washed by hand. After that, I began the decluttering and de-piling of my kitchen. I did that for about 2-3 hours. I threw away the junk & crap, and made a girl pile, a boy pile, a personal pile, a business pile, and a PTO pile. The kids will put their respective piles away when they get home, but I brought my personal pile and the business pile into the office, where I put most of it away. (You guys can get up from the floor now, I mean, I know it's the miracle of all miracles, but it's true...I actually put stuff away!!) The PTO pile got sorted (this year & last year's), and filed away in my notebook/binder. Meanwhile, the washer had stopped eons ago, and well, I just couldn't be bothered to stop messing with my piles, to tend to the washer & dryer. So, I didn't get the 3 loads done I had wanted to before I had to get the kids, but hey, it's a start, right?!!?
My house, our home has been so neglected. I am embarrassed to have people over, and ashamed that sometimes I have to ask for help. One of my biggest issues, other than getting sidetracked so easily, is I become so overwhelmed by the magnitude of the mess. And when I say, I don't mean, it's filthy, stinking, or anything of that nature, but it's just totally cluttered. The only rooms that aren't cluttered, I think, are the bathrooms.
So my goal is this: I'm going to start in a room (most likely the laundry room) and hopefully, within a week's time, if not sooner, I'll have it totally cleaned out, decluttered, & organized (as long as I don't get bombarded with PTO stuff, etc.). I plan on taking before & after pictures, just to show you how bad it is...er, I mean WAS! I am picking the laundry room first simply because, if you come into our home through the garage, the first room you'll see is the laundry/mud room. The next room/area I should do is the kitchen, but our master bedroom is just dreadful!! I have piles & piles of old clothes (from each of us), that I had very good intentions of taking to the Goodwill, and never got around to it. I also have boxes of Arbonne products in there, as well as some scrapbooking supplies, that I need carried upstairs to the storage room. After I finish our bedroom, I'll start on the kitchen, then the living room, and then the dining room, and most likely the office, but this "schedule" is only tentative, and is subject to change without notice.
Wish me luck people, 'cause I am sure gonna need it!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Good Luck - there is NOTHING more satisfying than a CLEAN house!!:)
Post a Comment