Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Could it be possible??

That my kids could use up all their calamity days, set aside for bad weather, this the second full week of school? I think it's possible, but I hope and pray, that I'm wrong, because I just have a funny feeling that we're going to be in for a rather "interesting" winter. Oh well, onto other stuff....

I'm going to have to keep this VERY short, simply because well.....we still do not have ANY electricity. It has been out since about midnight Sunday/Monday. It went out around 5 or so Sunday, and was off until about 9:30. Just long enough for the kids & hubby to get their baths & shower. After I put the kids to bed, I started a load of laundry. I should have known better; I should have taken MY shower; I should have done a lot of things....but I didn't. Around 11:30, just as my load of laundry was about to rinse & spin; it happened.

The electricity went out again. It has been out since then. I've called Consolidated Electric. Hubby believes the problem lies with the blow out (whatever that is) on the transformer, on the pole at the end of our road, needs replaced. I called the electric company again this morning at 8:10, left a message relaying to them what hubby said he saw when he left for work this morning. Basically, it boils down to this.....the people living south of our road are back on line. The people living north of our road never lost power to begin with...ARGH! So at this point, it's only the 13 families living on our road that are still off line, that were on the substation that's been back online since last night. And I was basically told, that the voicemail I left this morning was forwarded to the crews working in the area, and there were still bigger issues that they would be working on first. Now, if it were me, I'd probably fix the little problem (the blow out), that would take me only 10 minutes to fix, and make at least 13 households extremely happy.

But that's just me......

No comments: