Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday, and it was absolutely wonderful today!!! Things have been going well with Grandma being here, as I expected it to be. The kids are having a great time, and again, I really would like to know why Grandma gets all their goodness. They really do fight over who gets to help her do anything!! From doing the dishes to pushing her cart at the stores today! lol

Yesterday, while the kids were at school, she & I worked on making fabric covered photo albums. She is wanting to make one for each of her grandchildren, and between the 2 of us, we got 4 done yesterday. I used to make them a lot when I still had time to do craft shows, etc. You know...B.K. : Before Kids. Anyway, we got them done, and she still has at least 2 more to make, but she didn't have the fabric, albums, etc. to make anymore. So we decided to go ahead and go shopping today to get her the things she'll need to finish them up. She is wanting to work on them while it's still cold because once the weather starts to warm up, she'll be busy working on things outside, and won't have the time to work on crafts. So this morning, after breakfast, we all got dressed and ready to head to Polaris to do a little shopping. We went to JoAnn Fabrics first. I need to back track a little here. Since becoming a mother, I really haven't had much time to do crafts, crochet, cross stitch, etc. Things I used to really enjoy doing and making. But having her here, and the two of us working on crafts together, has scratched a creative itch, that I'm anxious to get back to again. So, I spent a small fortune on fabrics. I got fabrics to make different sports albums for the kids, a memory photo album of Grandpa (most likely for Brian), some for gifts, and I've decided to use those little albums that hold 4x6 prints would be perfect to put recipe cards in; so I've decided to make some of those for gifts, as well as some of the photo albums. Grandma is wanting me to crochet some dish cloths, but I'm just not sure how to go about it. Brian's Grandma (his mom's mom), used to crochet and made scads of dish cloths, and she sold them at craft shows. They wash dishes really well, but they also wash up really nice in the laundry too. So, I've got some creative juices flowing once again, and I'm looking forward to making some nice albums.

Yesterday, I did manage to get squeeze my walking tape in; the kids were playing the Wii with their dad & Grandma, so I excused myself to the bedroom and did my WATP tape. However, after walking through JoAnn's, Michael's, & Wal-Mart today, my feet are aching. I wish I could find my pedometer, so I had an idea of how many miles and/or steps I've walked today. I had a really well balanced breakfast; my Heart Smart cereal, milk, & a small glass of OJ. We went to Olive Garden for lunch, and I ordered soup, salad, & bread sticks. I had 2 bowls of the Zuppa....it's my favorite. And for supper tonight, I'm ordering pizzas- a pepperoni for the boys, and a veggie pizza for Grandma & me. I'll heat up some leftover salmon for Sarah, as she's not a big fan of pizza. I'll also give her one of the leftover bread sticks we brought home today.

Brian will be home from work soon. I've got laundry going, the kitchen is cleaned up, the living room & bathrooms have been spot cleaned, and Grandma & the kids are outside, in the dark, building a snowman!! I'll check in again as soon as I possibly can!! Until then, HAPPY WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're doing an awesome job Ang ~ Keep it up!!!