Friday, January 16, 2009

No school today

You know it's cold when Columbus City Schools shut down for the day. They NEVER close!! lol We got the call last night, just before 9:00p.m. SCHOOL'S CLOSED on Friday, January 16, 2009. Thank you Mr. Superintendent for making the call the night before and not the morning of, at 5:30a.m. as usual. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

At 7:00a.m. this morning, my little weather thing (online) said it was -17* (in Chesterville). It is now a little before 2:00p.m. and it's only 0* now!! WOW!! Let's all break out the bikinis and go swimming!! LOL

I am curious about something though. Last night, while I was carefully wrapping all the Christmas ornaments off the tree in tissue paper, I kept hearing popping and cracking noises around the house. At one point, it sounded like our big window in the foyer, might have cracked. I know it's because it got sooooo cold soooooo fast. But, did your house make funny noises in this bitter cold snap we're experiencing right now?

It is a glorious day here though. The skies are so blue and the sun is so bright and cheerful. I opened the blinds on the front of the house, because it just lets in so much light, but very little heat. The kids have been bugging me all day to go outside and play. They just don't understand really, just how freaking cold it is out there. And to be honest, it's not the temperature that bothers me, it's the wind chill. Someday they'll get it and understand why they can't play outside when it's this bitter cold. I don't know...maybe I'm just being an overprotective mom.

No plans for the weekend. What would have been a 3 day weekend, has now become a 4 day weekend for the kids. Brian called a little while ago...not sure when he'll be home tonight. Today, I am hoping to finish getting all the decorations put away and taken back to the basement. The kids are taking their tree down now. I need to do dishes, vacuum, dust, and do more laundry. I have yet to wash any of the new clothes we got for Christmas. At some point, I'll have to mop, but will probably wait until Sunday or Monday to do that. I have such an exciting life!! lol

Stay warm everyone. Looks like we'll be "warming up" a little next week....I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, our house made those freaky noises too! Last night, NO LIE, I think I could hear the snow freezing! It is beautiful outside, isn't it? All white and sparkly in the sunlight! Enjoy it! I am!

LaFever's said...

Okay you two...enough of the "it is so beautiful" It is freakin cold I don't really care how beautiful it may be...it is C.O.L.D
Yes I actually sent Johnny outside to check and see if everything was ok when I heard all of the LOUD noises...so I am a freak...no joke it sounded like someone was shooting at our house! Have a great weekend, enjoy all those fun things you have on your to-do list!

Shawn said...

Now that is just down right freaking cold!! BRRR!!! I want to see more pics of this...you know to a native Californian it is spectacular! It cooled off here today...toa chilly 76...ugh! I'm going to do a rain dance and hope andpry that it works! I swear!!!