Thursday, January 8, 2009

It has begun....

As soon as my daughter got into the truck, after getting off the bus, she asks me this question. There wasn't a "hi mom!" or even a slight acknowledgement in my direction. She didn't even look at me. She gets in the truck, shuts the door, and says, "Can I call Hannah when we get up to the house?" I reply by asking, "why?" She says to me, in all seriousness, "So we can discuss what we want for our birthdays." I gave her my standard answer to almost every question they ask me anymore...."We'll see."
I pull the truck into the garage, and turn off the ignition. She grabs her stuff as fast as she can and runs for the door. "Can I call Hannah, Mom?.....puh-lease?????" I roll my eyes, and say sure, but make it quick!!

I get in the house, and she's dialing the number. As it's ringing, I am reminding her to use her phone manners, and if she gets their answering machine to either hang up or leave a message. She got the machine. She left this message. "Hi, it's me, Sarah. I called to talk to Hannah. She can call me back at ***-***-****. Bye" and she hung up. I kid you not, 2 minutes later, the phone rings. She checks the caller ID, pauses, and then yells "IT'S FOR ME...WHAT SHOULD I DO?" I decide to yell back, "ANSWER THE PHONE!!" Then Andy chimes in with, "DUH!!" lmao


So it has begun. Over the next several years, I will slowly begin to lose the use of my telephone. I know as she gets older, it will only get worse.
We do need to work some more on our phone manners, but those will come with time, just as mine did. I think I learned my phone manners from listening....a-hem...eavesdropping on my mom's phone conversations when I was around Sarah's age.
It's been established that Hannah would like a Webkinz and/or a Littlest Pet Shop VIP pet for her birthday. Sarah told Hannah she'd like one or two LPS VIP pets for her birthday. FYI: Both of their birthday's are in February...they are exactly one week apart. Hannah is older. ;o)
So now I think I need to start coming up with ideas for their party. However, Sarah has informed me that she'd like to have a party at home this year; maybe a slumber party. Lord help me!

3 comments:

LaFever's said...

O Lord help you is right...Lord help us!!! Glad your back to posting...we have missed you!!!

Unknown said...

LMAO too!! That is my FAVORITE answer too. Only my kids get huffy...Maggie usually stomps her feet and whines "We'll see always means NO!"

Shawn said...

Ah yes, I know this question well..well at least I did until Sydney got her cell phone! Now the girl doesn't even kNOW how to talk on the phone, all she does is text! I opened the Verizon bill the other day and was stunned to see that she had almost 3000 texts!! FOR ONE MONTH!!! WOOOOWWWWWWW! I remember my mom yelling at me to get off the phone and me being so excited when I got my own phone in my room (I had the phone shaped like a pair of lips! :D!!!). Where did the time go? Just yesterday they were little girls and now they are turning into creatures I don't recognize! Good luck with that phone!!!