I mean, good grief, didn't we just have a Monday like last week??!???! It's crazy just how fast the days just seem to fly by. Crazy, I tell ya...but if you're like most, I'm not telling you guys anything you don't already know!!
Last Friday, I had a much needed day out with my best friend, Tammy! She had to drive of course, but it was a fun day!! We went to Sam's Club...they were giving taste demos of some of their products. We had a ball!! And some salmon, some cheesecake, ice cream, an Oreo, a bite of ham & green bean casserole, pork egg roll, shrimp, cheese & crackers, BBQ chicken wings, flavored cream cheese spread on a cracker, and some kind of appetizer than neither of us cared for that had spinach & feta cheese in it. We both actually did a little shopping as well while we were there. From Sam's Club, we went to the Olive Garden for lunch. We get the same thing every time we go there- soup, salad, & bread sticks. And we always get the zuppa toscana; but they now have this chicken & gnocchi soup that is amazing!! After lunch, we came home. Like I said, it was a much needed day out for me.
Saturday was spent cleaning, trying to declutter, and refereeing fights and arguments between my kids. I finally lost it around 2pm, after one of their knock down drag outs!! I sent them both to their rooms for about 20 minutes, and while it was quiet, I took the time to type up some rules and chores for the kids. There was no way they could argue over who was or wasn't do this or that. It was all going to be spelled out for both of them in black & white!! I sat them each down, and had a little talk with them. After the talk, they had the living room cleaned up in record time. Of course, knowing that we'll be decorating Christmas cookies on Friday with Tammy & her girls, and then getting our tree on Saturday, also helped quite a bit. LOL Today, I'll finish up what they didn't get done, and vacuum.
Sunday, Brian took Andy with him to work more on the roof of his parent's old house. Sarah & I didn't do much; we played games, watched TV, she played on the computer, I played on the computer, and then we watched some Christmas shows. I did manage to get a little down in the kitchen. I have 2 counters cleaned off now; which is a major accomplishment for me. I am hoping to get more done today, so I can maybe start decorating on Wednesday. I have a little tree I want to put in the kitchen, with some of my gingerbread stuff on it.
As you know, there is something wrong with the pick up truck. Brian is going to get a new transmission filter & some transmission fluid today, and change it this evening. I am praying that it will be enough to fix whatever the problem may be. However, we're looking at used vehicles right now. I spent a good part of Sunday morning looking for used Ford Expeditions that were only a few years old, and had pretty low miles. I found one that I really like at Carmax at Easton (if it's still available). It's got lots of wonderful features, it's 4 wheel drive, and well, I've wanted an Expedition since before we got the pick up truck. So we'll see what happens.
Well, my laundry is screaming at me from the washer, and well, the vacuum just isn't going to get up and run itself now is it?!?! lol
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you were very productive this weekend! I have also been doing some cleaning, throwing out, organizing! I still have a l.o.n.g way to go! I hate that you have to make a mess to clean one, oh well whatcha gonna do but hurry to get it done!! So that we can add to all the stuff in a month...Good luck on the new car!
Post a Comment