Okay...it's now less than a week until Thanksgiving. My house is a cluttered disaster, the holidays are upon us, and I'm already beginning to freak out just a little about how much I have to do. And the weird thing???!!! I'm actually kinda in the mood to really bust through the clutter and dust, and stuff. What's my problem, you ask?!?! Well...I have no idea of where to begin!! I have the formal dining room, which contains some of the Christmas presents. I need to go through those, and divide them into family boxes/containers, like I always do before I start to wrap. I usually have a box for my side of the family, a box for Brian's side of the family, and a box for the few friends/other kids we usually buy for each year. Then again, I could and probably should just get that stuff separated, and out of the dining room, and just dive right in, in the master bedroom. I really need and want to make our room a sanctuary if you will. I have some old clothes of mine that I think I want to donate to Goodwill, and some that I'm hoping if I lose some weight I'll be able to wear, that I'll need to pack up. I have clothes the kids have outgrown in piles in our room, that need to be gone through, and packed up for now. I really need to dust EVERYTHING in our room, and flip the mattress. I just want our bedroom to be a retreat for us when we need it. That's what a bedroom is supposed to be, right?!?!
I am going to have to get the first floor ready for the holidays though very soon. I need to get the living room cleaned up, swept, dusted and decluttered, so we can get our tree up and decorated next weekend. The kids don't have school on Wednesday, maybe just maybe, the idea of getting the Christmas tree will be the kick in the pants they need to get the room picked up, their things put away, etc. Black Friday in the Cooley house isn't spent shopping. No....for the last 4 years, the kids have I have gotten together on Black Friday, with my best friend Tammy & her two girls, to decorate cut out cookies. Last year, the kids & I went to their house; this year it's our turn to have them here. Another incentive to get the kids into gear!! Plus, after the kids are done decorating and they go upstairs to play, I'll probably have Tammy help lug the decorations for our big tree up from the basement. Plus, she & I are planning a Christmas wrapping party (just for the two of us), where we'll spend an entire day getting our wrapping done, and talking and just spending time together. But I digress....
Back to me feeling overwhelmed...I've just got a lot to do between now & Thanksgiving, and I'm having what I refer to as an "OH POOP!!" moment!! lol Nothing major...I'll be fine. I just might not post for a few days and now you'll know why!!
And did I mention that I think we'll be trying to put together the student directories on Tuesday, and get them out before Thanksgiving break?? And the fact that I need to plan the dinner for parent/teacher conferences on Tuesday evening?!!? NO?!!!?? Well, I do!! I'm going to be busy this weekend, there's no doubt about it!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Ok...stand up straigt, close your eyes and take a BIG BREATH! Aaaannnnddd..exhale...YOU CAN DO IT!!! If I can get my room pretty much picked up and gone through..you can too!:) I would start with the presents and get them sorted...maybe once that is done then you will feel accomplished and be able to move on (you know those baby steps we keep talking about...HAHA) You know the only thing that works for me lately is to break up my jobs into 15 minute jobs (thanks to Nancy, and it really does work!) and make a honey do list for yourself and then mark off each thing as you go. That is the only way I got my room to the state it is now...don't get me wrong I still have to make a trip to storage, but you can see my floor now and my bed has fresh sheets on it! Bag those clothes up! Get them to Goodwill (don't leave them in the car like I have for the past 3 days...grr) or you can always send them my way...who am I to turn down clothes?! ;) If you look at it as one big project, you will never get it done, just take one project at a time and I know you can do it...you and I are cut from the same cloth so I know what works for me should surely work for you too! You know if I lived your way we could just come over to each others houses one day a week and help each other out, I wonder if any airlines are having a good deal these days?
Post a Comment