Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shhhhh....

I have a secret. I finally got around to ordering Andy's birthday present. Well, his "big" present from us. You see around Christmas, I was able to pick up a "butterfly" chair, from Justice, for Sarah nearly half off (I had a 40% off coupon. This is the chair I bought her for her birthday. It will look lovely in her bedroom, after we get it redone; painted a nice shade of pale green or lilac, and we're able to find a nice dresser so we can take the plastic sets of drawers from her room. Well, since I picked up that chair at Justice, I had been toiling with the notion of getting Andy a nice big bean bag chair for his room. You see, in their classroom, their teacher has various chairs sitting around the room, where the kids can sit during their silent reading times. So, after looking around a different stores, Target, Meijer,  & Wal-Mart, and not finding a good sized, quality made bean bag, that I thought could withstand the abuse an 11 year old boy would apply to it, I took my search to the Internet. I, in other words, "Googled" bean bag chairs. A whole slew of website popped up on my screen. The one that immediately caught my eye was called "Bean Bag City." What caught my eye was the "Made in the USA" plastered on their website. So I get to investigating what they have to offer; fabric, leathers, colors, & sizes. They even have monogramming available for a nominal fee. So knowing that eventually, we'll be redoing Andy's room as well, in Ohio State colors to boot, I decided on red for the color of his bean bag. I went with vinyl, because it was cheaper, but still high quality. Since we refuse to paint his room red, or "scarlet" of the fans in these parts prefer to call it, we'll be painting the walls a nice subtle grey color. Mainly, because in the event that he wants to lose the Ohio State decor later in life, or when he leaves for college, I can still use the room, and match it with some nice earth tones. Anyway, back to his chair...after looking at the sizes, I decided to go with the XL adult size, as he'll likely outgrow the teen size chairs before he gets to high school. Besides, it was only $15 more, and it will last him quite some time. Or at least that's the plan anyway. Now to be fair, we did spend more on his chair than hers, we did spent about the same amount on each of the kids total. Between gifts and their parties, they'll come out just about even. And here's the best part of finding Bean Bag City....they're actually located in Ohio. I love the idea that I'm not only buying a quality American made product, but I'm also supporting my state's local economy.

Red XL Adult Beanbag
This is the chair I picked out, that I think will look amazing in his room. I went ahead and had it monogrammed for him...it will have "Andy" in either dark grey or black print. If you'd like to check out their website, go here: Bean Bag City

Hope everyone survived the big winter storm. I'm glad that it's finally winding down now, though. I would have much preferred the  12" of snow to the 1" of additional ice we got last night!! I can at least drive in the snow! Doubt the kids will have school tomorrow, but you never know!!

Love & hugs to you all!

No comments: