Anyway, on Friday's, The Frugal Girl blogs about what food she's had to toss...in other words, wasted. Now, we all know that I am an admitted spendthrift, trying to reform my spendy ways, but I love the idea of trying to use up all the little bits of food lurking in our refrigerators, freezers, & pantries. I believe in being good stewards with the gifts & blessings we receive from God, and having food, or more to the point, having enough food, that there is sometimes extra that gets thrown away is a definite blessing and gift to me. So in an effort to do better with our gifts, on Fridays I will be posting my/our food waste...or Food Waste Friday. I may even, from time to time, snap a photo of the wasted food, and share with you!!
I would like to invite you all to join in with me, and let's all try to be less wasteful with all our blessings.
My food waste this week is as follows:
- the end piece of a meatloaf that I made on Sunday. I took slices of it all week to make sandwiches for Brian's lunch. I tossed the last little chunk of it this morning, after I packed his lunch.
- 1/2 cup or so of salad mix...it got a little slimy. Should have eaten it earlier in the week with a bowl of soup or a sandwich for lunch.
- 2 golden delicious apples...I didn't actually throw them out...I tossed them over the hill out front this morning. I'm sure the deer around here will enjoy a couple fairly large, wrinkly and slightly passed their prime apples. Especially with the ice & snow we got overnight!
- approximately 1/2 a pound of red seedless grapes....no excuses here. They just didn't get eaten. I wonder if any birds would eat them if I tossed them outside?
How about you? How did you do this week?
No comments:
Post a Comment