Well, it's that time of year again. Baseball sign ups are coming up this week. Andy will be moving up to Little League this year, and Brian is hoping to hone Andy's pitching skills. The kid has got an arm, he just needs to work on his control of the ball. While I know that Andy is capable of being a great pitcher, I'm just not so sure I'm capable of being a pitcher's mom!! There is a lot of pressure put on the pitcher. Will he be able to handle it? I know Andy is his own toughest critic...will he have a melt down on the mound? All these things concern me about the upcoming baseball season. With that being said, I am also looking forward to baseball season. Seeing old friends, hanging out at the ball park, and of course, taking loads & loads of pictures to commemorate the season. But the one thing I am dreading more than anything this ball season?!?! Taking Andy shopping for baseball cleats. His football cleats are tight, so there is no way he'll make it through the season wearing them. Andy has gone from a youth size 6 to a men's size 8 1/2-9 in about 18 months! His football cleats are a men's 8, and they cost us almost $80!! So, I'm going to start looking for a pair of size 9 cleats at Goodwill and other thrift stores. I may even post on Freecycle that we're looking for cleats; used cleats in good condition. Size 9ish men's used cleats in good condition. That would be awesome to save that money....in fact, we have a couple pairs of cleats we could probably trade or give away to a family who may need them. I am all about "spreading the wealth" when it comes to stuff like this.
I have a hair appointment at 9:45 in the morning. However, we're supposed to have a cold snap, with some snow & possibly a little ice today & tonight. Something tells me that we'll probably have a 2 hour delay in the morning. That would be my luck of course!! Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and plan my day as though nothing will go wrong. I have some things I need to return to Sears, and 2 pair of jeans that I had gotten for Brian needs to go back to Kohl's. Actually, the jeans will be exchanged for the right size...I got the right size waist, but the wrong size length....DUH!! Anyway, Brian got me a gift card, to my hair salon, for Christmas, so for the hair cut & color, I'm covered. The only money out will be Colleen's tip. I may check at Sears for a pair of light khaki pants and/or shorts for Brian, after I return the other things. Brian's birthday is next Thursday. Not planning on spending anything extra, only what I get for the refund. I will most likely have to fill up my truck though before I head home. I will probably pick up a sandwich while I'm out as well; probably something from a dollar menu, and something quick!!
Anyway, I am feeling good about things at the moment. I think it's going to be a good week!!
Love & hugs to you all!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
3 comments:
I still haven't found out anything about Highland sign ups?.When and where?? `
I've heard this Sat, next Wed. (the 2nd), and then Sat. the 5th. but not sure if this is true or not. Didn't hear where they'd be either...but I'm thinking probably @ Central. BTW....Sam wouldn't happen to have an old pair of men's size 9 cleats hanging around, would he? Would like to find a decent used pair if possible. Thanks!
I hear you about cleats!!! I had to buy Jordan a pair a couple of weeks ago....a size 10!!! She's not even 12 yet!!! I actually got a great deal though and got them for $40! Whoo hoo! She was looking at the $75 pair...ummm nope! Not til they are on clearance! Have you checked online...Sports Authority can have some good deals. Good luck!
Post a Comment