Friday, August 21, 2009

Their First Week Back

I am happy to report that the kids have enjoyed their first week back to school. Maneuvering through the middle school to get to the elementary school, for me however, is taking some getting used to!! I just keep reminding myself, that the inconvenience will be well worth it in the end. And just in time for my kids to go to middle school!!! hahaha

Anyway, both of the kids like all 3 teachers they'll have this year. Andy says Mrs. Gress reminds him of Mrs. Swickard, so it can't be all bad!! lol He loved having Mrs. Swickard in the 2nd grade...she was strict, but a lot of fun!! :o) And I do believe my son has a crush on his math teacher. Mrs. Sexton came up a lot in our conversations last night, while they were working on their homework. And they didn't even have math homework!! lol I am really hoping that this is truly the beginning of a great year for them!!

Getting back into the groove of things has proven to be harder for me, than it has been for them. Andy, bless his heart, has gotten up every day this week, before my alarm even goes off!! I've been picking them up from school because it gives them more time to work on homework, rest, have a snack, etc. before we have to hurry to football and/or cheer practice. And apparently, Andy's coach needs to read the MOACYFL rules about time limits on practices once school resumes. The JV boys have practiced 4 nights this week, for a little over 7 hours (would have been 8 total, had one practiced not ended early due to lightning in the area). According to the rules, the MOACYFL allows for up to 10 hours of practice per week during the summer months and up to 6 hours of practice per week once school resumes!! His idiot coach (and I use the term "coach" lightly) says they're allowed to practice up to 8 hours per week until after Labor Day. *rolling eyes* Calling him an idiot is about the most polite word I can use at the moment to describe him. The sad thing is, Brian is one of the assistant coaches. He and the guy who coached the Intra team last year, are both about to flip out on the head coach. And who would have thought that Scott & Brian would end up allies this year!?! Certainly not me...lol!! Brian and Andy got home from practice last night, and I could tell something was wrong. I believe Brian is planning on speaking with one of the board members this weekend about the JV head coach. I am not anticipating it going anywhere, but we'll see.

Speaking of football...we have our Preview Day tomorrow at Elgin!! The JV boys weigh in at noon; so we'll have to be there by 11:30, which means we'll have to leave here by 10:30 to get there on time. After their weigh in, the boys will have a brief scrimmage, and then we'll be on our way home. I plan to pack some snacks, drinks, and maybe even a couple of sandwiches to take with us. It would be nice if we could be home by 4pm, so we can get stuff done around the house, and then just relax in the evening, while watching the NASCAR race. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for that to happen.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, and the break in the heat & humidity. We might actually get a little yard and garden work done. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Love & hugs!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the kids are doing well! I LOVED Mrs Gress!! She was my favorite, 4th grade year. Who IS the head coach this year ? I've been wracking my brain and can't come up with anyone. We are trying to work out a prayer group for next week. First we're finding out when Kate can get a sitter. Will let you know! Hang in there...:)