I can't believe just how wonderful the weather has been today!! It started out cool, damp, and cloudy, but the clouds soon gave way to brilliant blue skies, and lots of sunshine!! I've been inside most of the day though...cleaning the kitchen, and doing laundry. Still have lots of laundry to do though. I am hoping that the A/C is off until next May/June!!
I've been in the mood to cook and bake all day. However, I haven't gotten to either of them, as I've been busy doing laundry. I do think I'm going to make some spice cake cupcakes, and maybe some rice crispy treats too. I really am in the mood for some Scotcheroos, but I know how I am, and will most likely binge on them tomorrow, while Brian's at work, and the kids are at school. So it'll mostly like be rice crispy treats instead.
Yesterday we had the Colt Football League Preview Day at Elgin. It wasn't as bad as I'd expected it to be, and I got to talk with some of the other mother's from our team. Andy weighed in, with full gear, at 125lbs. Without it, he was about 122lbs. So he, along with 2 other boys have an "X" on the backs of their helmets. What this means, is they are not allowed to carry the ball. Even in a turnover situation, if they recover a fumble and catch an interception, they are not allowed to make forward progress with the ball. The big "X" on the helmets, just makes it easier for the officials to stop the play. The first "official" game is this Sunday at 2pm. I can't remember who we play though.
Well, I know this is brief, but I've got laundry to fold, and cupcakes to bake. I think I'm going to start trying a new recipe once every week or two; post the recipe, with pictures (I hope), and note whether or not it was a hit or miss with the family. I will post pics tomorrow of Preview Day. Until then, hope everyone is well. Love & hugs!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment