Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Searching for recipes

As I stated in a post a few days ago, I am hoping to try at least one new recipe a week, photograph said cooking/baking session, and then blog about it. I am hoping to find something today, that I can attempt to make tomorrow, so that I may blog it on Thursday!! That is my plan...however, I'm not going to be home most of the day tomorrow. I got a lunch date with some lady friends, and we're going to an Irish Pub!! But anyway...so now I'm thinking I may not get to try a new recipe and blog about it like I'd planned. *sigh*

Anyway...I digress. I gathered up a few of my many, many, many cookbooks and I've been perusing through them this morning with wild abandon. I've come to a major conclusion....my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks freaking ROCK!! At the moment, I've been flipping through one that's called "Taste of Autumn," trying to find a recipe that speaks to me. One that is fairly simple and quick to put together; one that I have the ingredients for so I won't have to make a trip to the store, and above all, and most importantly, my family will have to like it or at least choke it down!! lol I am most worried about Sarah...she is our picky eater. She gets that from her dad! Brian is your basic meat & potatoes kind of guy. He won't eat rice, and isn't a huge fan of pasta. I, on the other hand, along with Andy, love my carbs!! I could also eat soup anytime, even on the hottest of days. Brian prefers to eat soups when the snow is flyin', or at the very least, when there is a chill in the air! So you see, I am going to have my work cut out for me!! I've been in a cooking rut, and would like to spice things up a bit in the kitchen!! My other obstacle at the moment, is our weeknight schedule. It's crazy busy, and well, as long as it's still hot, we'll be eating after football practice. I hate that, but at this point, I prefer to only have to feed my family one evening meal, as opposed to two!!

Well, I have a dentist appointment this morning so I guess I should probably end here. I have a small cavity that needs filling...nothing major. The worst part for me is getting numbed up!! I hate that!! I will continue my recipe searching efforts, when I return home!! Until next time.....Love & hugs!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've gone the "cookbook" route before. For me, it usually doesn't help much with the rut, of course I only have 2 gooseberry patch! Check out TastyKitchen.com!! There are some really awesome recipes on there.

LaFever's said...

an Irish Pub? geeeez I need to check my email....sounds great tho...can't wait to catch up!!!

Coolwhip said...

Well, I've got tons of cookbooks, and a lot of them I've never even opened. So...I'm going to try that first. I did check out TastyKitchen.com...saved it to my favorites!! :o) I'm sure there will be plenty on the site, that I'll want to try!!