Here it is, 2 days before school starts, and I am not ready. I am not ready for the early morning rush. I am not ready for the after school homework dash. I am not ready for the hurry up home from football/cheer practice, for a quick bite to eat, showers, and then bedtime. I am not ready for all the PTO commitments that need to be made and kept. I am not ready for packing lunches nightly, or cleaning out lunch boxes daily. I am not ready for the hassle it's going to be getting the kids to & from school, because of the construction going on at the school. I am, to put it mildly, simply not ready for our summer to be over just yet. *sigh* But what's a mom to do?!!?
Well, this mom is gonna suck it up, get the laundry going....er, should I say keep the laundry going?, get to bed early (the kids at least), be diligent about the homework/study time after school, delegate PTO stuff to my officers as much as I can (but be careful not to overwhelm them, as I've been overwhelmed in the past), keep up with packing lunches daily (Andy likes to buy) as I can provide a healthier lunch for them, and just try to remember how great the schools will look AFTER the construction is over, anytime I feel like griping about how inconvenient it is. And Cheryl....I expect YOU to hold me to it!! LOL :o)~
Football & cheer are now underway and for the most part, things are going well. Andy's allergies, however, are kicking his butt, and with all the running the JV boys have been doing, Andy sometimes has trouble catching his breath, which in turn causes him to panic, and almost hyperventilate. Cheer is going well. Sarah has not cried or whined one single time this year. She is one of 2 returning JV cheerleaders, which makes her the oldest. I explained to her that she needed to stand up and be a leader and help the smaller girls. I think that helped a lot. That, and I think that maybe, she's coming out of her shell just a little bit more now. Her confidence level seems to have gone up a notch or two, which makes this mama very happy. They had their team photos taken this morning at the high school. I remembered to take my camera this year, and I will post some pictures from today, sometime in the next few days.
I am hoping that once school starts, I'll be able to update our blog a little more often. Perhaps a few times a week even....as opposed to just once or twice a month. This summer has just flown by, and while normally I can't wait for the kids to go back to school so we can get back into our routine, as I said before, I am not ready.
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment