Thursday, April 30, 2009

WOW! April is over already!!

Jeezy cow!! This month just flew by so fast!! It just seems like yesterday we were coloring eggs and making food for Easter, and now here we are about to start a new month. May is looking like it's going to be fairly busy. We have Mother's Day, my mom's birthday, ball games & practices, Memorial Day, and Super Games at the school. And there are 5 weeks left in this school year!!

I've already picked up a gift for Brian's mom for Mother's Day. I'm not sure what we'll do about going to see her for Mother's Day. The rule was when I became a mother, that the day would belong to ME. Of course, she did not have any problems with that at all. However, this year, I don't think I'd mind sharing part of the day with her. In fact, I'd kinda like to plan a cookout for the day: burgers & dogs, potato & macaroni salads, veggies & dip, lemonade, iced tea, etc. And the kicker would be that the guys would have to do ALL the cooking and dishes that day!! However, I told Brian that I felt that it was something his sister's should plan, but I doubt that will happen. If plans are made, it will all be very last minute and they better not try to plan anything for the day before Mother's Day, either!! That day belongs to MY mom!!

You see, my mom's birthday is May 12th. So usually the Saturday before Mother's Day, my sister & I plan a small dinner/cookout at our parent's house in Columbus. We usually have steaks and/or chicken on the grill, tossed salad, baked beans, and birthday cake & ice cream. My mom doesn't get to have all of us together at one time very often, so Jeni & I make it a point to spend this day with her, for her birthday & Mother's Day. Of course, Mom is way more interested in playing with her grandkids than she is visiting with Jeni & me. And that's okay....JT, Andy, Sarah, & Jake are her reward for not killing US!! Besides, it gives my sister and I a chance to visit and have some adult conversation. As far as gifts are concerned, I think we'll just give her some money....she's been wanting to go to West Virginia and hasn't had the extra money to go. She bought a little house down there where she grew up and I know now that the weather is warming, she's very anxious to get down there. When she goes, she'll be gone for weeks and weeks. The kids will give her the framed picture of the 4 of them together.

As far as what I want for Mother's Day?!! I don't really want or need anything. But is a peaceful day with no kids fighting, not having to cook and/or clean, and maybe a nice card too much to ask??! LOL Actually, I would love to get a purple lilac or Japanese maple (dwarf) tree to plant on the corner of the porch, in the front of the house.

Not much else going on right now. It's rained almost all day, although it felt quite warm. Sarah's ball practice was NOT cancelled, so I only have Andy here with me now. And he's patiently waiting for me to give up the computer. So that's about it for now. I'm going to try out my new camera lens tomorrow and hopefully post some pictures!! Stay tuned!

No comments: