Speaking of being in two places at the same time: after speaking with Brian's mom yesterday, I got a call from her today about this weekend. And as you might have guessed it, his sister wants to do something on Saturday, because she doesn't want to take away from anyone else's Mother's Day. So I basically told Brian that he was more than willing to go to his sister's or mother's but I was going to my mom's as planned...and oh yeah...I am taking the kids with me.
Well, now I have to call his mom back and tell her that yes, my plans with my mom are on Saturday, and hopefully, everything else will get changed to Sunday. But I still can't help but feel a little guilty about it. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted!
I have Mom's Group on Thursday! I am really looking forward to it. There is just nothing better than good friends bonding over our shared hits & misses of Motherhood, and enjoying each other's company and eating FABULOUS food!! About a year ago, I had lunch at J. Alexander's, in Columbus, with 2 of the ladies in our mom's group. I had never been there before, and was feeling a little adventurous and decided to order their orzo & wild rice salad!! And OH MY GAWD!! It was f a b u l o u s!!!! So, the last few days I've been craving it, and trying to remember everything that was in it, etc. And then while flipping through a magazine last night, I found a recipe for Mediterranean Orzo salad, which isn't the same as J. Alexander's but still sounded wonderful to me. Then this afternoon, while cleaning out on of my cupboards, I experienced a light bulb moment! As I was standing on my step-ladder, I thought to myself, "I'll just Google the recipe from J. Alexander's!" And you know what?!?! I DID!! I found 2 different recipes; they both call for the same exact ingredients, however the amounts of each ingredient varied between the two. So....guess what I'm making to take to Mom's Group on Thursday?!?! YUP!! That's right.....Orzo & Wild Rice Salad!! But, I'm going to have to make a trip to the store in the morning to get all the ingredients I don't have on hand. The orzo salad recipe I'd found in the magazine last night will still be tried...but at a later date! Perhaps for the next Mom's Group meeting!! I love trying new recipes!! I might even take pictures!!
Speaking of pictures, I wanted to post just a few of the shots I took with the macro lens. I am loving the details I'm able to capture, and can't wait to play with it some more!!
1 comment:
I am SSSOOOO JEALOUS of that lens! And looking forward to trying that salad! :)
Post a Comment