Saturday, April 4, 2009

One done and one to go

Closets & sets of drawers that is!! I went through ALL of Sarah's clothes, with the exception of the ones in the hamper, and put aside things that might still fit in the fall, and set aside the ones she's outgrown, and will outgrow before fall/winter. Her room still needs a deep clean but I think that will have to wait until the kids are in school. That way I can pitch what needs pitched and not have to try and negotiate with my 9 year old daughter over things that are trash that she thinks are treasure.

Sarah should only need some shorts for the summer. I got her a couple pair from Justice a month or so ago, but she'll need at least 4-6 more pairs to get through the summer. She also might need a pair of tennis shoes as well, but we'll wait and see and cross that bridge when/if it gets here.

Tomorrow I plan to work in Andy's room. I know he will need summer clothes this year. I have decided that I will cut off some of the jeans that still fit him around the waist, but are too short, to make him some shorts. He will also need some new t-shirts for the summer as well. I doubt he'll need any new shoes, as he just got a pair earlier this month.

I will most likely check Goodwill and/or the Salvation Army stores and see if I can't find him some shirts and possibly some shorts; same with Sarah. Last year, I found Andy a lot of shirts, most of them brand name, at Goodwill, and the most I spent on a shirt was 1.99.

I want to get started on the pantry this evening and maybe finish it up tomorrow. But with the Final Four games being tonight, I doubt that I'll get to the pantry. Besides, I want to take before and after pictures.

I got a call from Brian's mom a little while ago. We are going there for Easter, and she's asked me to bring a veggie tray with dip, as well as an apple pie. I'm already working on my grocery list, so I'm less likely to forget anything. The two things I am not to forget are green olives and green onions!! They are favorites of Brian and his brother.

Well, I'm off to work on my menu plan for the next two weeks. I believe that this will make my grocery goal more attainable, and also help me use up what we already have on hand. Wish me luck! :o)

No comments: