Monday, April 6, 2009

That dreaded "S" word!!

It is Monday, April 6, 2009 and it is colder than crap outside today!! It is a whopping 36* as I type this, and though the rain/snow has stopped for now, I know that more is coming later, with a possible "light" accumulation by morning. Don't get me wrong, I still love snow. That hasn't changed...however, it's APRIL 6th!! I want spring, and I want it NOW!! Do you have any idea how hard it is to drag my sorry butt out of bed in the mornings, when it's cold, dark, and just plain YUCK outside!!?? And as hard as it is for me, it seems it's even 10 times harder to get Sarah up on days like this!! I can only imagine what middle school will like for us!! I'm not looking forward to it, though, that's for sure!

Right now I'm taking a lunch break. I am about 1/2 way done with Andy's closet & drawers. I imagine, I'll have it done about the time they get off the bus from school this afternoon. I am just about at my wit's end with all the Walk-A-Thon prep that I've been working on....I am trying really really hard not to allow myself to become overwhelmed. The weather is still looking iffy for the event, and our principal keeps reminding me of that every time I see him. As if I don't already have enough on my mind already.

Anyway, it's going to be a busy week for me. I for one, will be glad when it's over!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am WITH YOU! I'm so fed up with the snow I do believe I'll pack up and leave the state :)! Congrats on Andy's room, while you've been industriously working, I've been napping. The weather has a very sleepy effect on me too! Guess I probably should go work out soon! I will be praying that you are able to get the walk-a-thon out of the way Friday...no sense dragging the agony out to a rain date, eh? LOL