Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Taking a deep breath....

I am ready for our Walk-A-Thon. The name tags are done, the water, cookies, cups, and napkins are bought; Gail is taking care of lunch for us as well as getting the ice for the water coolers; I contacted the high school athletic director to remind him of our using the track, but haven't heard back from him yet. I am a little anxious about that, so I'll have to call him in the morning. The only thing I'll have to do this evening, other than finish making dinner (ham, scalloped potatoes, & green beans-YUM!), is call all the volunteers to confirm their time and remind them to bring a lawn chair if they'd like to sit down between classes. Other than that, I am good to go for in the morning. I am breathing a huge sigh of relief, and I did get help with the name tags. Lisa, our PTO secretary is going to take care of stringing the K-2nd grade name tags for me. I did 3rd-5th grade name tags this afternoon. I also need to make up envelopes for each teacher, so they have something to place the money in, that the kids collect, and put in the PTO box in the school office. Whew.......I feel soooooooooo much better!!

Well, as promised I do have before and after pictures of my pantry. With all the Walk-A-Thon work I was doing, I wasn't able to do it shelf by shelf like I wanted to, but I think I made a huge dent in the clutter and the unorganized mess. It still needs a lot of work, but as you can see, we have plenty of food, so sticking to the grocery challenge shouldn't be too hard for me to do this month. So without further ado....the BEFORE:




















This really doesn't tell the full story either. My CF was full after I took this picture, so I didn't get to take any "detail" shots. lol That might be a good thing. But after several hours, and many computer breaks, a lunch break, and work on the Walk-A-Thon break, this is what the final outcome looks like. Like I said, it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be, but it is a vast improvement to say the least. So here they are, the AFTER:




















This is the full frontal of the improved pantry. :o)



















This is the right side of the pantry. It is where I store most of the canned goods, pastas, & paper products (foils, plastic wraps, parchment paper, & baggies).

This is the left side of the pantry. My sweeper & hose is stored here, as are my reusable shopping bags, baking supplies, and lunch items & snacks.
So there you have it! My newly cleaned pantry. Now...I just need to find some time this week to finish the Easter baskets, Andy's room, get groceries, bake a pie, make some cupcakes, and sleep!!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Good grief girl!!! You have a grocery store in your house!!LOL! It is my dream to have a pantry like that, I would love to fill it up and just sit back and look at it! I'm so impressed with all your hard work! What has happened to us? Nancy is rubbing off on us! YAY! Finally, huh? It only took how many years?! LOL! It looks great and just think of the $$ you should be able to save knowing that you have it so organized now!

Nancy65 said...

Angie.. that is a WELL STOCKED pantry. Repeat after me.. I do not need to go to the grocery store. You have a better inventory than I do! Now organize that freezer.. make meal plan out of what you have on hand and put what you would have spent on groceries for that week and put it in savings. Then pat yourself on the back!! I look at it this way.. I contribute to our income not by working outside the home.. but by saving us money wherever I can. Now..I have to take my own advice and tweak my meal plan again. Great job Angie!!

Coolwhip said...

Nancy, the only things I generally by at the grocery store each week, is milk, bread, fresh produce, and the occasional frozen pizza!! Between Aldi & Kroger, I spent less than $100, which was my goal, on our weekly groceries, and if I were to subtract what I bought that will be taken to my MIL's on Easter, it was probably less than $75. We have followed the meal plan I made out, to the letter, this week. :o)