I am so ready for this weekend it's not even funny. It's been a busy week for me, and next week will be even worse, so don't look for timely updates! Our school will be having their annual Spring Walk-A-Thon, the PTO's spring fund raiser, next Thursday. Of course, looking at the long range forecast, the weather is not looking like it's going to be willing to cooperate. Our rain date will be April 16-if it rains on the 16th too, I don't know what we'll do. But I'll be working on even more fliers this weekend to send out on Monday & Tuesday to serve as reminders to the students & parents, and then Wednesday I'll most likely go after cookies & water to serve the kids after they've completed there laps. Thursday I'll be at the school ALL day. Friday is Good Friday, and we have a make up day, so the kids will have school. I am seriously thinking about letting them stay home, but as my luck would have it, they school is going to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids. It's something to do with getting AR points for reading.
My plans for this weekend include working in the kids rooms, which I never got to this week! I am also going to clean out my pantry and re-organize the shelves, etc. And if I'm feeling really ambitious, I might even make a running list of our "inventory." I had hoped that we'd get to go to either Mansfield or Columbus this evening to buy Sarah & Andy some new cleats for ball this summer, but seeing as it's going on 7p.m. and Brian's still not home yet, I doubt that we'll make it to Dick's Sporting Goods tonight. *sigh* I'm hoping to let Sarah have one of her little friend's over tomorrow, possibly for a sleepover, but we'll have to wait and see, I guess.
Last night Sarah had her first official softball practice. On the way there, we got a flat tire on my new truck. I have no idea what I ran over or what, but it was fine when I got home from picking the kids up from school. Anyway, we got the tire changed last night at the ball field, and now it looks as though I'll be getting some new tires for my truck soon. I wasn't exactly expecting that, but I guess no one ever really does.
So I'm going to do this new grocery challenge with some of my online friends. Starting next week, I will only purchase the things that I absolutely need, which should only consist of fresh produce, milk, bread, and maybe some lunch items (deli meats & cheeses). I will probably go over $50, as I'll be making a large veggie tray with dip to take to my mother in law's for Easter. I'm also going to make some sort of dessert to take as well. Just haven't decided if I'll take cookies, cupcakes, a pie, or what.....any suggestions?!?!
Next Saturday, we'll be going to my parent's to have Easter with them. Mom & Tom always have an egg hunt for the kids, and the eggs always have money in them. Not sure what we'll do for dinner that day, but I'm hoping it's something simple & quick, so we have more time to visit. I am hoping my sister will be there with her boys, so I can get some pictures. And hopefully we'll have good weather for the day!!
Have a great weekend everyone! I'll post again soon!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
2 comments:
I will say a prayer for you that the weather will hold off until after the walk a thon. Sorry to hear about your flat tire and having to buy new! Those unexpected buys can be expensive:( Good Luck cleaning the kids' rooms!
The weather is going to be miserable here too. It is so windy today. Jim put out our patio furniture on the last really sunny day and now it has blown over. I am so excited about you doing the grocery challenge. Have fun in the kids rooms. I am so glad Emily is anal about her room and just spent time changing from winter to spring last weekend. Now Robert.. that is a whole other story!
Post a Comment