You know how I said yesterday that today I was wanting to work in Andy's room? And maybe finish up the laundry? Well, I'll be lucky if I even make it up the stairs before it's time for them to go to bed. *sigh*
This morning, much to my chagrin, Brian went to work. The last several weeks, on Tuesday's after he's worked all day Monday and half the night into the wee hours of Tuesday morning, he's spent most of the day in bed, and the rest of the day with me. I've kinda gotten used to him being here on Tuesdays. These are the days, that after dropping the kids off at school, I come home and find quiet things to work on; like folding laundry, paying bills, menu planning, tweaking the budget, clipping coupons, working on my grocery list, and sometimes even reading a book; usually "The Power of a Praying Parent" or looking up recipes I'd like to try. Anyway, this morning he got home at 6:30; took a shower and got ready to go back to work. Which in layman's terms means he'll be a complete grouch butt later tonight when he gets home!! He then informed me that I need to run and get the tags for his old work truck and the pick up truck. A chore I usually do around his birthday, which was March 3rd. However, when you factor in that we have a wrecked work truck, and a pick up truck that doesn't have a functioning transmission, the fact that the tags have expired simply didn't cross my mind. So, I managed to drag my sorry behind up to Mt. G, to the dreaded BMV, to get the tags. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into their tiny little parking "lot" and found a spot!! And then, please try to imagine my immense joy and happiness when upon entering the BMV, to hear this lovely greeting: "Good morning! May I help you?" I kid you not, I pulled in, parked my truck, walked and walked right back out within 5 minutes!! FIVE MINUTES PEOPLE!! I'm sorry that's just unheard of, even for podunk little Mt. G!! And the lady who waited on me? She was just as nice and pleasant as she could be. Now I ask you, how many of you have ever had a pleasant BMV experience?!?!
Moving right along...from there I ran up to Kroger to fill up my truck. It was almost on "E" which I try to avoid letting it fall below 1/4 tank. It took $38 to fill it up! That is the most I've paid to fill it up since I got it 4 months ago. And that was even using my 30 cent discount for using my Kroger Plus card. After that I came home, and switched the laundry. Oh yeah, another fun filled laundry day for me! But it's all good!! Have you seen that bright sunshine?!? Heard the singing birds? Noticed just how green the grass has gotten in the last 2 weeks?? Next up on my to-do list: call Wendy's and/or McD's about getting Frosties or cones as a class prize for the Walk-A-Thon. After that I'll finish up the permission slip flier with the prize information on it, and then pay some bills!! WOOHOO!! Another favorite chore of mine. Around 1p.m. I'll head over to the school to make up my fliers, and mail my bills. After that, I might and I do mean might, try to get something accomplished in Andy's room.
We're having grilled chicken breasts, potatoes, corn, and salads for dinner tonight. I hope Brian will be able to stay awake long enough to enjoy it!! Sarah has her first practice Thursday evening. I'm praying for no rain, and little to no homework for her. She takes forever & a day to get her home done!! Drives me insane!! We have football & cheer sign ups tomorrow evening. Hope that goes well!!
Have a great Tuesday everyone!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment