Friday, August 29, 2008

Such a ho-hum day

Maybe it's because I'm still recovering from my marathon shopping day with my daughter. Maybe it's because I need to lose weight. Maybe it's because it's been such a whirlwind week for me. I dunno...it's probably all of the above. I just know I've not gotten anything done today, that I'd hope to get done. As soon as I post my daily entry, I'll be on my way to trying to get something anything accomplished. In my defense, I do have some laundry going, so that's something at least.

The reality of PTO business is really starting to set in. I've got so much to do to get ready for the new school year, that I frankly do not know where to start. I had planned on working on PTO stuff this week, but some dude named Murphy decided to screw that up for me. Such is life I suppose. I have welcome back fliers to type up, print out, and get ready to send home with students, most likely the 2nd week back to school. I've got to prep for our first PTO meeting, which is scheduled for September 15th. I'm a nervous wreck about it too. I've gotten a lot of things already set for the new school year, but still....there is much to do. I know once school starts, and we're back on some sort of schedule, everything will be just fine, but in the meantime, I'm going to be freaking out a little everyday!

The girl is supposed to cheer tonight at the high school football game, during 2nd quarter. She has expressed to me that she really isn't wanting to do it. She won't give me a reason other than "because I don't want to." Hubby has already stated that we're going to the game regardless of whether she cheers or not. You see, I'm not one to push my children to do something they don't want to do. I mean cheering in front of the parents of the Colt football team is one thing, cheering in front of the entire community is almost entirely out of the question! We were told the girls cheering tonight is not mandatory, which is good, but on the other hand part of the reason we spent so much money for her to cheer was so that we could in fact watch her cheer! So I guess we'll see what happens. We're supposed to get some rain, possibly some storms, so only time will tell I suppose. All I can think of is all the things I could be doing if hubby took the boy to the game. The girl needs to finish her work in her Summer Counts book. She has like 14 pages, which would take her, at most, 2-3 hours (if that long) to complete, but like me, she keeps putting it off! The boy, however, has been done with his since the end of July, and his is safely tucked away in his back pack, ready to go on the first day of school!

No plans that I'm aware of for the holiday weekend. There is no cheer or football practice or games this weekend...thanks to Labor Day and of course, our county fair going on at the moment. The lawn will most likely be mowed, laundry will get done, we'll probably cook out at least once, possibly twice, and then just enjoy the last few lazy days of summer.

No comments: