Well, after getting up at the butt crack of dawn yesterday, I amazed myself by waking up bright, and somewhat early, this morning. When I say, somewhat, it simply means it was after the hubby left for work, yet before the kids got up. At first, I wasn't feeling well, but as I went along, I started feeling better. I seem to have loads of energy today, which is odd, because it seems like the more I do, the less it looks like I've actually done something. Why is that?!!? Does anyone know?
Our A/C has been turned off since last week, and it's been so nice having the windows open, and the ceiling fans going. I'm hoping that our next electric bill will show a substantial savings, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Speaking of savings, I've resigned myself to the fact that I indulge in retail therapy just a little too often. Hubby & I have many discussions about this fact, and while I don't always admit to him that he is right, I have absolutely no reservations about admitting it to you! I do spend too much money, on things we don't always need or even use. When it comes to clothes, shoes, and just about anything educational for the children, I really do have a hard time saying no, or even showing limitations. Not exactly the best example I want to show my children, especially when it comes to their attitudes toward money; earning it, spending it, and most importantly saving it!
I am blessed. Blessed beyond belief. Sometimes, even I have a hard time wrapping my brain around just how blessed I am. I have the honor, no-no...the privilege of being a stay at home mom. A housewife. A homemaker. Call it what you will, it is a luxury...a luxury that my husband willingly works his butt off, so that we can afford for me to stay at home, but also afford a few of the extras in life. I don't praise him enough for all he does for his family. Not to his face nor to others. My life feels complete with him in it, and I look forward to growing old with him.
Like I said....I am blessed.
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Well said! I think we may be on the same wavelength today! I have been thinking the same way about my dh! He works crazy long hours and there I am spending all the $$ like its water! Especially in this darn economy!!! What am I thinking?! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment