Today the boy has football practice....in full pads. Should be interesting, to say the least. Last night, hubby decided to "fit" the boy in his pants, pads, & helmet. I must say, I was right about myself. I did tear up....not only teared up, but actually had to get up from my cozy chair, and leave the room. My "baby" boy is growing up. He looked like a mini man in all his gear. Had I not been blubbering like an idiot, I would have had the foresight to grab my camera and get at least one shot of my little man in his complete football attire. Hubby would just roll his eyes at my wording there...football attire. It almost makes football seem...........civilized.
While the boy (and hubby) are at practice, the girl and I are pretty much taking it easy. However, we do have a birthday party to get ready for, and I have cupcakes to bake & frost for the boy's baseball party we're going to later this evening. Both the girl and boy were invited to this party today....I have a feeling the boy just might be the only boy there. We are giving the birthday girl a cute little purse & an environmentally friendly clock/radio. The clock/radio uses batteries or you can just hand crank it. I thought it was really cool, and I hope the birthday girl does too. The girl was busy hunting down a gift bag and tissue paper to wrap said gift with, and I was busy digging the gifts out of the box from which it arrived to our back door, a few weeks ago. Shhhhhh...don't tell the girl this, but I got her a little purse & radio, too, for Christmas. The girl's is pink, while the birthday girl's is like a teal blue/green. The girl is loving the little purse, so I'm think she'll be very happy on Christmas morning. Anyway..........the party is from noon-2pm. A swimming party and I think it just might be too chilly to swim. But, I know my children, and it could be snowing and they'd want to get in the water. I'm hoping after the party, we'll be able to rest a little while before going to the boy's baseball party.
The baseball party is around 5:30 this evening. They're having pizza & drinks. Now, for those of you that know me, know that I will not go empty handed. When I asked what I could/should bring, I was told nothing. Naaah....that just wouldn't be me. I'm making cupcakes for sure, so at least the kids can have a little dessert. I might also make up a bowl of fruit salad. I got some really nice looking fruit at Aldi yesterday (I'll save my raves about Aldi for another post at a later date). I got 2 cantaloupes for .99 each, a honeydew for 1.29, grapes were .99/lb., and I also got some plums & nectarines that were .25 each. When we stopped at Kroger, I picked up a seedless watermelon, some strawberries, and some bananas. I could just cut up some melon chunks and put them in my HUGE Tupperware bowl and take that. Hmmmmmmmm....decisions, decisions. You'll just have to wait to see what I decided to take with us for the baseball party!!
Until then...HAPPY WEEKEND!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment