Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School prep

I had stated in an earlier post that I was bound & determined to take my kids shopping, for back to school, one at a time. Well, I did it!! Last Friday, I took the boy. The girl stayed with a friend, while the boy & I went to see what we could get for him. We went to Sears first, and I'm so glad we did!! I was able to get him some much needed jeans, some unders, & an OSU shirt & hat set. He was thrilled!! From there, we went to Steve & Barry's. I had never been there before...this store is flippin' HUGE I tell ya!! And priced just right!! He got a couple tee's there, and an Ohio State hoodie. by the time we were done at S&B's, we decided it was high time we ate something for lunch. He wanted to go Applebeest (that's what he's always called Applebee's). We had a nice lunch, we got to talk a little, and then we had dessert!! We then went to Kohl's. They had absolutely NO JEANS IN HIS SIZE!! UGH!! Which is why I'm glad we had gone to Sears first. We did, however, get him some really nice shirts, some socks, more unders, and a pair of sneakers. By the time we got done at Kohl's, I was ready to call it a day, but I needed to make one more stop to check on some PTO related stuff. So we went to Meijer. They didn't have what I needed for the PTO, so we looked at the boys clothing since we were already there. He got some more shirts, and 3 pair of shorts, which had been marked down. We had a great day together, and believe me, the boy kept me on my toes. Any time I looked at anything girly, he'd say," Um, mom....I thought we were shopping for stuff for me today?!" Smart kid!!

Not to be outdone by her brother, today was the girl's turn for some back to school shopping, and some mommy & me time. We got a later start than I'd planned, but I think I'm still recovering from our trip to WV and yesterday we went to the county fair. (More about the fair we come later...) I dropped the boy off at a friend's, and the girl and I made a bee line for Polaris. We went to Limited Too first!! And OH MY GOSH!! I have never, ever in my life, experienced customer service like we received today! It was amazing!! Sarah tried everything on, and the only thing we didn't buy was a pink & white striped scarf that she really, really, wanted, but they didn't have...or least I couldn't find one. The clothes are really cute, and we saved a little money, because I had a 25% off coupon!! SCORE!! After we finished up there, we went to Godiva. I wanted to treat my baby girl to some really good chocolate. And as my luck would have it, they were having a sale on some of their items, so I stocked up on teacher's gifts (50% off...shhhhhhh...), and got us each one of their peanut butter cups. YUM!! We finished up at the mall, and decided to go get some lunch. We were both starving by this time. She also wanted to go to Applebee's, so we did. She ordered the kids grilled chicken breast with fries, & I ordered chicken tortilla soup & salad. She was brought a grilled chicken sandwich & I was brought French onion soup. The piece of chicken on this sandwich was about 2" wide & 3" long. I told our server about the mistake, and he explained that was how big the chicken breast was (without the bun) with the kids chicken breast meal. So he offered to bring her some chicken tenders instead. And finally, he brought me the right soup. We finished our lunches, ate our Godiva peanut butter cups, and then we went to Justice. The clothes are very similar to Limited, Too, maybe a little lower price, and well their customer service left something to be desired. I had trouble finding a few things in the girl's size; when I asked about looking in the back, I was informed that everything was out. At Limited Too, if I couldn't find her size, they ran to the back just to double check. The girls working at Justice stood around talking to each other, while customers shopped. I never heard any of them ask any of the customers if they needed any help, etc. I don't know, I guess I just expected more from a specialty shop, but maybe it's just me. We finished up there and decided to get groceries while we were already out & about. On our way home, we stopped at Dairy Queen for an Arctic Rush (slushies), and then came home. We had a lot of fun, and I spent too much money. But I think that was probably to be expected!! hahaha

It's now about 7:30pm, my feet are killing me, I still have groceries to put away, and at some point, I'll need to make something for supper. Hubby has the boy at football practice right now, so the girl and I are winding down and relaxing a little. Tomorrow, we'll spend the day washing new clothes, cleaning out their closets & drawers, and getting everything ready for their first day back to school! Which is 6 days from now....

...but who's counting?!? :o)

No comments: