Yesterday, the kids & I went shopping. We went in search of Father's Day gifts for Brian. But I decided to try & get it all done in one day: Father's Day shopping & groceries. We first went to Meijer so I could get prints made of the over 500 images I had on my compact flash card. It took me 35 minutes to do that. From there, we went to Lowe's where we picked up a few things for Brian, and Andy picked up a couple things for himself!! lol After finishing up at Lowe's, we ran to JoAnn Fabrics so Sarah could purchase some stuffing for some pillows she's sewn up, using my scraps of fabric. And by the time we got that taken care of, we were all starving, so we stopped at Arby's. During this time, we encountered a thunderstorm and heavy rains. It didn't last long though...maybe 15 minutes or so. After our lunch, we went to Kohl's, where we got Brian a couple things, and I got each of the kids some new shorts & shirts; all of which were 50% off (Sarah & Andy got brand new shorts @ 8.99 a pair & some shirts that were 4.99 each), plus I had a coupon good for 20% off my total purchase, plus an additional $5 off as well. I did fairly well, with everything I was able to buy yesterday. After we finished up at Kohl's, we ran back into Meijer, so I could pick up my pictures, and the few groceries I had on my list. We were gone for over 5 hours!! I rushed home as Andy had a ball game last night, and we were running a little later than I'd planned on being. We got home, Andy & Brian had a brief batting practice, Andy rushed to get ready, and they were out the door to the park. About 15 minutes later, just as Sarah & I were about to walk out the door, I got a text from Brian. The game was cancelled due to rain, and poor field conditions. Of course, by that time, the rain had stopped & the sun was out, and I was bummed. However, shortly after they returned home from the park, we got several more downpours, and a little lightning & thunder, so I guess coach made the right call. And as our luck would have it, we have a chance of showers & storms through the weekend, and temps closer to the 90's next week!! I guess the A/C will be going back on today. It's humid, and with a high of 85* expected, our upstairs will feel like a sauna by mid-afternoon. It's been off for a week now, so that's a good thing!!
As far as Father's Day dinner is concerned, I've opted to skip the big turkey dinner. It's supposed to be close to 90* on Sunday, and humid. I have no desire to have the oven on for hours & hours, and the A/C running non-stop!! So, we'll have grilled steaks (either ribeyes or New York strip), baked potatoes, salads, & maybe some corn on the cob & possibly cheesecake for dessert. I think he'll like that a lot!!
But in the meantime, here are a few baseball pictures, from the few games we've played so far.
Andy backing up the 3rd baseman!!
His one of 4 at bats...he was walked 3 times, & struck out once. He was walked here.
Andy on 1st, listening to the 1st base coach....Dad!! =)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment