You see, we have plans to go to Magic Mountain tomorrow, with my best friend, Tammy & her two girls. BUT!! (there is always a but with me)...But, if these darling children of mine don't get their rear end's in gear, Magic Mountain will not happen!! I told them that the livingroom had to be cleaned up, and cleaned up well enough so that I, or one of the children, could actually run the sweeper!! You see, it's been a couple weeks since it's been done, and well, with Andy's allergies starting to kick it into high gear, it MUST be done!!
So, today we'll be straightening up the house, vacuuming, dusting, loading & running the dishwasher, sweeping the kitchen floor, 2 loads of laundry (at least), mopping the kitchen floor, Sarah will clean the half bath, while Andy cleans their bathroom upstairs, and I am hoping to get supper made BEFORE we have to leave for football & cheer practice this evening. We'll actually eat it after we get home, but I'll only have to heat it up!!
Speaking of supper, I've already changed up this week's menu. I moved chicken tenders to Thursday, the Beefaroni to tonight, and we had pizza last night; per Brian's request. Just the way the cookie crumbles around here most days!!
I fell asleep last night, before I could read anymore in my book, but on a side note, I did find some of the divider cards I need, right here in our office...imagine that!! I found the monthly dividers, so I actually only need the numerical dividers 1-31. But, what I am finding is that none of the office supply stores have them. I'm even having problems finding them online. I may just have to suck it up, and buy some blank dividers and make my own; they just won't look as polished and put together as my pre-made & laminated other dividers. I still think I have the numbered dividers around here somewhere; I just need to figure out what in the heck my kids did with them!! However, I am certain that Murphy's Law will prevail in this instance....just as soon as I make my owned numbered cards, I will most likely find the ones I've been looking for (and secretly wishing I had)!!
Andy is doing well with football. He is super psyched about it too!! Sarah is enjoying cheer as well. The only downside to both, is that on the JV football team, there are over 35 boys on the team. That's a lot of kids to shuffle in & out of a game. But then, when the football board continued to allow boys to sign up to play (after many parents found out who the coaches were) a week before practices were to begin, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Cheer is having the same issues...there are almost 30 girls cheering. By my last count, last week, there were 28 at practice. The cheer coach, I think, has some serious control issues. The girls were told last night that they had to wear the same hair bows (which were provided free of charge by a parent of a middle school cheerleader), for their pictures this weekend. The issue I have with that?!? I don't think the bows are all that pretty, and Sarah has plenty of her own red, white & blue hair accessories. Also, the body suit & spankies (cheer "panties") were not provided this year. So, we had to purchase our own. Well, the spankies Sarah had from last year, still fit her well, but they are blue. Her cheer coach wants the girls to wear red ones. I'm still not sure if I'm going to comply with that or not. We shouldn't be forced to pay for things, that we already have. This is still recreational football & cheer!! Oh well, we'll see what happens, but I have a feeling that Sarah's coach & I may have a some words over this. Moving right along now.....
The kids are getting very excited about school starting in 3 weeks. They can't wait to go back!! They are seriously craving structure and routine, after not really having any since May. We did work in different workbooks, and spent time reading, but not as regularly as I'd hoped we would have. We have purchased all of their required school supplies, including a nice new tote bag, from LL Bean, for them to use while changing classes. I decided to actually invest in a decent tote bag for each of them this year, as opposed to buying cheap ones, and having to replace them 2-3 times per year. Besides, we splurged and had them personalized for them, so they can be used even after school is out next year! They both need some new clothes though. They both need jeans in the worst possible way; both of them have high waters now! lol However, other than jeans & shoes, Sarah needs very little else as far as school clothes are concerned! But then we have Andy... he needs jeans, shoes, shirts, underwear, pajamas, & socks!! The poor kid needs a little of everything. I am actually hoping to get it done tomorrow...well, at least some of it done tomorrow, after Magic Mountain. I need to get Sarah a pair of ALL white shoes for cheer (they MUST be all white), as well as a pair of shoes for gym class. Have I mentioned that I
Today is one of those days where I simply did not want to get out of bed this morning. We turned the A/C off last night, and opened up all the windows. It was so nice and cool this morning, I just wanted to lie in my bed, and enjoy the morning. It's only supposed to be in the low-mid 80's today, and we'll probably not turn the A/C back on til tomorrow. I love being able to turn the A/C off, and air out the house from time to time, in the summer. And while I was tired and ready to stay in bed this morning, the cool breeze & bright sunshine is rejuvenating my senses & my spirit, and I'm ready to face my day head on. The dishes are awaiting my arrival in the kitchen, and the trash is not going to take itself out to the dumpster.
Love & hugs to you all!!
2 comments:
WELL??? Did you get all your chores done?? Inquiring minds want to know! :)
The only things I didn't get done were mopping the kitchen floor & supper made before we left for practice!! I got interrupted by a phone call!! ;)
Post a Comment