I totally missed my Monday's Menu post two days ago, and yesterday was a total blur for me, but I have two awesome excuses!!! Not that I feel the need to explain myself, but well...I guess I feel the need to explain myself! HA!
First of all, we need to back track a little...well, A LOT!! Last Friday, I took the kids shopping and then we went to my mother in law's house. I had to take them shopping for Sarah's cheer shoes, but I also wanted to get some back to school shopping done. We got her cheer shoes, and Andy's gym shoes for school, but I also got him a few pairs of jeans. Sarah got her ears pierced that day, and some new pajamas & a new robe. My girl is extremely modest...when she wants to be!! We finally made our way to Grandma's house, where we stayed much later than we'd planned to, but it was still a wonderful visit. I really do enjoy spending time & visiting with Brian's mom. We have always gotten along. Anyway...I call Brian to let him know when we're on our way home, only to find out he's traipsing out in the woods behind our house. Apparently, he & our next door neighbor, saw some kids on 4 wheelers, in our woods, so they, Brian & our neighbor, took off after them. They never did catch up with them. Anyway, back to my point, while talking to Brian I could tell by the sound of his voice, he was getting congested. The only thing I hate about this time of year?!? RAGWEED!! Andy has had a runny/stuffy nose for 2 weeks now. But this year, I believe Brian was hit with a bad allergy attack. He's been working on our old pick up truck, in the garage, with all the dust, grime, cat & dog hair, dirt & crud from underneath the pick up truck, and when you had to that, high pollen counts, well, you're just asking for a sinus infection!! Well, he got one....BIG TIME!! By 9:00, Saturday night, Brian had chills, stuffy nose, and that annoying cough you get with post nasal drip. He asked for some Tylenol. I just about fell out of my recliner, because Brian never, and I mean never takes a thing for headaches, muscle aches, sinuses, etc. So I knew in an instant he was feeling like total crap. So I told him I had some Tylenol PM, would he like to try that, so maybe he could get some sleep? Sure, he says. I read the dosing instructions, and promptly hand him 2 Tylenol PM caplets. Within 30 minutes he was out cold, and he slept; and he slept. And he slept some more. He slept so long, that several times on Sunday, I actually went into our bedroom, just to make sure he was still breathing. He slept from about 10pm Saturday night, until about 3pm Sunday afternoon!! And even after he got up, he was having trouble staying awake. He is currently on the mend, and telling everyone that I tried to kill him over the weekend!! He's joking....of course!! By the end of the day, on Sunday, I was exhausted from trying to keep my 10 year old's quiet & busy!! If that isn't an oxymoron, I don't know what is!! And let me assure you, it is nearly impossible to keep 2 ten year old kids quiet & busy at the same time. I spent the day, doing laundry, and telling the kids to be quiet, hush up, and Shhhhhhhh...if you wake your dad, you're gonna get it!!
Monday wasn't much better. Brian ended up taking the day off, and sleeping late. I guess he still needed it, but he swears that he was still feeling the effects of the Tylenol PM, you know when I tried to kill him!! So of course, I spent much of the day trying to keep the kids quiet & busy. I was able to boot them both outside for a little while, so that helped, but I was still unable to get anything done around the house, without him complaining about the noise. We had football & cheer practice later that evening, at which he told all of the other coaches that I tried to kill him over the weekend. They all had a big hearty laugh, at my expense. After cheer practice, Sarah went home with her BFF, Hannah, to spend the night. She stayed at Hannah's all day on Tuesday, thanks to Lori (Hannah's mom) for keeping her all day, so that I could take my son back to school shopping yesterday. We were gone all day long. We left here around 9:30, and got home around 4:30; just in time to get ready for football practice. It was a long day of shopping, but we managed to get it all done, with the exception of getting shoes. He needs a casual/dressy pair of shoes, and Sarah needs shoes for gym class. I am hoping to take them next week and get the shoe shopping out of the way!! By then, most of the other school districts in central Ohio will have returned to school, and the stores won't be so crowded!
On a side note, Brian talked to him mom last night. They were talking about her van (it needs some work), and his being sick. And of course, he told her that I tried to kill him. He says she laughed, but if he doesn't quit telling people that I tried to kill him, he's not going to think it's that funny anymore!!
I finished the book Sidetracked Home Executives on Monday afternoon. I have my index cards & box ready to go; I just need to get my kitchen table cleaned off, the dishes done, and the laundry started, and I'll be able to get my cards going. I am really looking forward to starting this process, and where it will lead me, and my children. Sarah asked me last night for a list of chores she can do...of course, she is hoping to earn some money, and we'll see where it leads us. I think it's time we sat down, as a family, and discussed an allowance for the kids. So, we'll see how things go. The kids know about "the box" but not all the details that go with it. I am not planning on telling Brian about it either. I just want to do it, and start implementing the system into my daily life, and let everything else just fall into place. It will fun, watching how he reacts to the changes. And I hope to take you all along for the ride.
Love & hugs to you all!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment