Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My little man is 10....

Well, folks...it's official. My little man is now 10 years old...the double digits. Only 3 years away from being an "official" TEENager!! ACK!! I simply can not believe just how fast the last 10 years has flown by. I mean, wasn't it just yesterday that I was holding a wee babe in my arms, marveling over the fact that his father & I had created together, not just one, but two precious babies??! It wasn't? Oh well, it sure as heck feels like it!
Moving right along....
NERF WAR!!!

As many of you know, the man pictured above, is my partner in crime.
And I'm pretty sure he just as much fun as the boys did!
This Matt...checking his Nerf gun...I think it might have misfired. My Sarah has a crush on Matt, but shhhhhh....I'm not supposed to tell anyone!! Matt's a good kid, and he's a lot of fun to be around. He's honest, humble, and funny! I can see why my daughter likes him. *wink-wink*

This is Cameron...he's the strong silent type. The one you never suspect is going to ambush you, and then later mop the floor with you as he whips your butt at Super Mario Bros. He's new to Highland this year, and he & Andy seemed to have "clicked."

This is Troy..what can I say about Troy?! He's a bit rowdy, and somewhat accident prone. His dad dropped him off here with a one liter bottle of Mt. Dew. And no. I am not kidding!

This is Brodey....he has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen!! And he's polite. About an hour after he got here, he thanked both "Mr. & Mrs. Cooley" for having him over. WOW!! And then later, while awaiting his turn to play the Wii, he was talking to some of the boys about Jesus, and being saved!!

This is Cole....I like Cole, a lot. I like all of my son's friends, they're an awesome group of boys. I like to attribute that to us, the parents. These boys are rowdy, but respectful. Always have been. But the thing I like about Cole is he is simply genuine. He doesn't put on airs, calls a spade a spade. He is who he is, and if you don't like it, that's okay with him. He's a true friend, and has always been supportive of Andy. When they played football together, Cole was always encouraging Andy, high-fiving him on the side lines, and goofy around with him as well. I hope that as the boys get older and mature, that Andy & Cole will always remain friends.

I love watching my man play with the boys...it makes me smile, laugh, and wish we had more kids. Sometimes. I think I might get Brian his own Nerf gun, because you see, he & Andy fought over the one he's using in this picture. Apparently, it shoots better!!

After running around the house like crazy people, the boys decided to take a break and play the Wii. They played Madden football, Sonic & Mario at the Winter Olympics, Super Mario Bros., and MarioKart!

To hear him tell, Troy has gotten to every level on every game ever made. Yeah, the boys were starting to get tired of his bragging, and kinda ganged up on him. He didn't stand a chance against Cameron though. None of the boys did.

I've never seen such concentration and utter determination before, in my life!!

I had the boys pose with their guns & their "hillbilly" teeth they got in the goodie bags. I took the above shot, and wanted to snap 'just one more' for good measure.

They turned on me!! Can you believe that these quiet, polite, & respectful young actually pointed their guns at me!?!? Yeah, me too. I wasn't surprised at all!!

This is Andy. Blushing. We were all singing "Happy Birthday" to him.

Making a wish. I hope it was a good one. And I hope it comes true.
We had a great time. Less drama. Actually, there was no drama at all. The worst thing that happened was Cole got hit in the head, when the boys were running around. We had pizza, chips, & pop for dinner. Cake & ice cream for dessert. The next morning, I made French toast & sausage!! Let me just say this. Those boys can put away some food!! I used an entire loaf of bread, 2 packages of sausage links, a gallon of milk, and 1/2 a bottle of syrup! WOW!!
I love every minute of it though! Not one of the boys complained about the food!
My little man is growing up, and I don't like it at all. But I am enjoying being about to watch him grow & mature into an amazingly gifted, witty, & loving young man.
Love & hugs to all!!

No comments: