I've been wanting to blog lately...really, I have. Although I have been busy with "things" I just haven't been feeling those creative juices flowing, so to speak. I mean, I could bombard you with the tedious goings on of my life, but what's creative & exciting about how I really, truly, madly, badly, need to clean up the kitchen, do the dishes, and vacuum the living room. I've managed to somehow, keep up with the laundry. I try to do a load or two everyday, as to not get behind again.
I've blogged about the kids turning 10 a few weeks ago. I managed to get through them hitting double digits, so it's all good. I even managed helping my husband celebrate his turning 40 last week, on March 3rd. I think he was a bit disappointed because for the last month, we thought his mom would be here for his birthday, but she was, instead, at his sister's. And as far as we know right now, she's still there. I could have blogged about the weather, about how cold it was, about how we received an UNGODLY amount of snow in February...we broke the snowfall record! Or I could describe, in great detail, the whipping & biting chill of 20-40 mph winds, which caused a lot of blowing & drifting of the before mentioned UNGODLY amount of snow. But I won't....because it's been done, by others. Lots & lots of others. And before you go on with your "Hey! Wait a minute!! I thought you loved the snow?!?" I still do...love...the snow. Just not 40+ inches of it in 4 weeks!! Not when the kids have, as of right now, 3 days to make up at the end of the year. Not when, regardless of how we don't need anything, just knowing that I can't go anywhere, for days on end, drives me almost to the point of insanity. Almost. You see...for the last 5 days, yes, I said FIVE DAYS, we've had beautiful, crystal blue skies, with nary a cloud to be seen!! We've had 5 glorious days of bountiful sunshine!! We've had 5 days with the temperatures creeping slowly above freezing!! We've had 5 wonderfully gorgeous days with snow melting!!
I am soooo ready for spring to get here, and stay put for awhile!! I am anxious to begin my garden pre-season prep work. I am looking forward to opening all of the windows & doors in my house to let in the sunshine & fresh air!! I am looking forward to some much needed spring cleaning. Oh!! Did I just say that?!? Well, I am kind of looking forward to some. maybe just a little. spring cleaning. I've got windows to clean, floors to sweep, mop, and/or scrub, cobwebs that need swept away, light fixtures that need washed, kitchen & bath cabinets that need washed & Murphy's Oil soaped, porches to sweep & hose down, trees to trim, and a garden to plan!! I've also got a basement that needs some serious purging!! So much stuff to do. Stuff to sort. Stuff to pitch. Stuff to save. Stuff to sell at the yard sale my mother in law & I are planning for the summer. Just stuff, stuff, and more stuff!!
I hope you are able to get out and enjoy this wonderful sunshine. We are supposed to get some rain later in the week, but I'll take it if it means 50* temps, and the snow melting!!
Love & hugs to you all!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment