Today I am tired. No...not really. I. am. exhausted. This week is kicking my butt...BIG TIME!! It all started Sunday night. Realizing that the kids just might actually go to school all 5 days this week (today is day #4, by the way). They did manage to sneak in a 2 hour delay on Tuesday morning, but calling me at 6am to inform us of that didn't help me catch up on sleep. Not that we can truly ever "catch up" on our lost sleep. Anyway.....Monday evening was full of family drama, not to mention Brian having to drive to Toledo to do a job, after he'd already put in a full day's work. When he got home, at 1:30am, we sat up talking for about an hour, about the family drama that had ensued several hours before hand. Tuesday I was up til at least 1:30 (I honestly can't remember), typing up invoices. There were 56 of them people!! FIFTY SIX invoices I had to type up, so that Brian could turn them in for payment on Wednesday morning. That brings us to Wednesday. I actually woke up kind of early. Well, early for me anyway. I was up before the kids alarms went off, so there!! ;o)~ I took a quick shower, got dressed, fed the kids, made a quick store list, and then we were off!! I took the kids to school, and then I made a b-line (or is it "bee line"? I have no idea) for Kroger. Got to Kroger, got my stuff, and then headed for home. I stopped by the school, to post a reminder about the PTO skating party for afternoon announcements. I got side tracked while there, talking to the school secretary. I heart her!! She's awesome, and I have no idea how she gets anything done, with all the interruptions she gets!! Anyway, I came home, put my groceries away, and played on the computer a little while. The kids got home, did their homework, and then we were off to the skating party!! The kids had a blast, and I had a nice time chatting with Katie & Christie. And since Brian had to go back to Toledo again last night, the kids & I stopped at McD's for a nice healthy dinner! After we got home, they got ready for bed, watched a little tv, and then it was bedtime for them. For me, well I don't relax or sleep very well when Brian's not here, so I made busy playing on the computer, watching the Olympics, and doing some food prep work for the food I am making today, for the P/T conference dinner we (the PTO) prepare for the teachers. After that, I took a nice, long, hot shower, shaved my legs (there were needing it pretty bad), and gussied myself up a little, anxiously awaiting my husband's return home!! *wink-wink* He got home about 1:30 this morning, took a shower, and then, well...you can figure it out. =) But, let me share something with you....staying up til 4am, on a school/work night, at the ripe "old" age of 40 isn't what it used to be. There was no rebounding after my 2nd can of Coca~Cola this morning. There was no 2nd wind, at least not as of yet. After I got the chili going in one crock pot, and the shredded chicken in the other crock pot, I sat down. MISTAKE!! I woke up 45 minutes later, behind schedule, and feeling even more tired than before!! So now I must bid you adieu, as I need to make the salad to go with the chili & the chicken, pack all the food up in my truck, and haul it over to the school by 3pm.
Yeah...I am going to bed early tonight. I bet I'll be out by 10:30 tonight, which is unheard of for me. But last night/this morning was worth it!! I was really missing my husband.
Love & hugs to all!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment