Saturday, February 20, 2010

Been slackin' off

And I was off to such a great start with the blogging this year!! Funny how life just sometimes gets in the way like that. Nothing exciting has been happening, really. Just been super busy. Just been buried up to our eyeballs in snow. Just been sick with a stomach bug. Just been planning Sarah & Andy's 10th birthday parties. Just been having Brian's mom here with us, for a week, after the first big storm. Just been going stir crazy with the all the snow days we've had lately. Just been celebrating Sarah & Andy's 10th birthday with slumber parties for each of them. Just been cooking and baking. Just been sleeping in too late. Just been bored out of my gourd. Just been.....well, you get the idea.

We're in the beginning stages of a brief warming trend here in Podunk, Ohio. We've got over 2 feet of snow in the past 2-3 weeks, and the sun has made it's presence known to us, only 2 days in the last 2-3 weeks. Yesterday and then again today. Although, it's appearance today was short lived, but it was here none the less. As many of you know already...I am a winter kind of girl. I love the snow. I love the cold. I love the grey skies that winter brings. However, I can not remember for the life of me, the last time we've had this much snow is such a short period of time. The last winter we had like this, that I can remember, I think I was maybe 14 and still living in my beloved hometown of Orrville. And we still went to school....with 2 feet of snow on the ground. Granted, we might have missed 1 day, because back then, that's all they needed to clear the roads and parking lots. My kids, and thousands of others in our general area, have at least 1-3 days to make up now. The kids in our school district, have 2 days as of now, to make up at the end of the year. Unless of course, we end up losing our only day off between now and the end of the year, Good Friday. That's a long stretch of time for the kids to go without a day off, don't ya think?!? Anyway, back to the warming trend....it's supposed to last a couple more days. It's a whopping 38* right now, and the icicles hanging precariously from my roof line & gutters, are dripping furiously!! Where our driveway has been cleared of snow, we can now see tiny glimpses of gravel & earth. The concrete pad outside our garage is officially snow & ice free. Tomorrow they are calling for a high of 40*...I bet we make it to 42*. That's the good news. The bad news is, we're expecting rain....and lots of it. The ground is still frozen, and snow covered, and the weather dudes are saying we could get up to an inch of rain. The rain, for all intents & purposes, has nowhere to go. And at night, with all the melting that's occurred during the day, plus the rain, is going to spell an icy disaster. Not good. Not good at all. Personally, I'd rather get 6 inches of snow, than the rain. But that's just me!! I just hope our sump pump holds out!!

I'll be blogging about the kids' parties, the snow storms, Grandma's visit, and other stuff soon. Just wanted to let you all know we're okay, and still kicking around!!

Love & hugs to all!!

No comments: