Monday, February 22, 2010

Need prayers

Without going into a lot of detail here, our family could use some prayers. My brother in law could be facing unemployment very soon. And as many of you know, he also has brain cancer, for which he is currently taking oral chemo. I don't know all the ins & outs, but I know his wife spoke with my MIL, and was pretty much in hysterics. But you'd have to know my SIL...she sometimes tend to over exaggerate the complete truth, and is also known for withholding important pieces of the truth. That's just how she is, I guess. Anyway, Brian is on his way tonight, to Toledo, to work. We talked for about 45 minutes...he sounded conflicted. Worried. Torn. I guess that's pretty much the same as conflicted isn't it? SIL has made it perfectly to all who would listen, that if J were to lose his job, they'd lose their house. I am not sure how much truth there is to that, at this point in time. I am, however, very concerned for J, and their 2 youngest children. I'm concerned for their health & their well being. I guess that's the mom in me...I always worry if kids get enough to eat.

Anyway....we could use and would greatly appreciate any and all prayers you can possibly spare at the moment. Not only for J's health, but also for his job...you see, it's the only thing he has left that keeps him sane. I fear that if he should lose his job, and not find another one right away, that he may just give up. Not that I can blame him...he's been dealing with his cancer since 2004. He was told then, 3-5 years max. It was 5 years last October, so in essence he's living on borrowed time. I just hope he makes it to see his oldest daughter graduate from Capital in May, and his middle daughter graduate from Bishop Hartley in June. I hope that isn't too much to ask. Is it? I'll be calling my MIL later, after the kids are in bed, when I can really concentrate and listen to her, without being interrupted by the kids umpteen times.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts & prayers. We appreciate your love & friendship so very much!!

Love & hugs to all!!

2 comments:

LaFever's said...

praying here!! (((HUGS))) to you!!!

Unknown said...

Praying at our house too Ang!! Love ya!