*sigh* And I am no where near being as ready for Christmas as I'd hoped and planned to be this year. The kids and I got home from Columbus this after around 4:30. They got to spend the weekend with their Mamaw & Papaw. Papaw took them to see Madagascar 2 last night....Andy says (and I quote), "It was freaking hilarious, mom!" Brian & I went out for dinner Friday night for my birthday...we went to Applebee's. Saturday he did end up going to his parent's old house and working on the roof. While he was gone, I made a secret trip to pick up something for him, for Christmas. The store I went to was PACKED, and I must say, most of the shopper's were extremely rude...cutting me off in the aisles, and never once did anyone I met going down the aisle ever smile or even say excuse me, as they cut me off. Oh well...I guess it's 'tis the season time. But I digress......when I got home, I lugged all the Christmas goodies downstairs to the basement, where I tried to quickly go through everything and sort things out. I finally got started wrapping and got most of the kids stuff wrapped. Even though we scaled WAAAAAY back this year, I still got too much!! Anyway, I got a good start to my wrapping, and Tammy and I are planning to get together here at our house, one day this week, and have a "wrapping party." I am planning to get some cookies made, put on a pot of coffee, and we'll just go to town, wrapping til our heart's content.
Monday & Tuesday, my good friend, Judy is coming over to help me get the house cleaned up, and somewhat organized. Brian's mom is coming to spend a few days with us before Christmas; I'm thinking it's going to be Thursday through possibly Sunday or Monday. At some point, I need to go and pick up some blinds to put on the upstairs windows, especially the one in our guest room. Even though we're way off the road, and there is no way our neighbor's could see in that window at night, I know she won't feel comfortable with it being bare. I also need to do something with all the outgrown clothes we have up there. It's going to be a busy week, to say the least. I have a PTO meeting tomorrow after school, the school Christmas concert Tuesday night, a skating party on Wednesday night, and I need to get something together for their class Christmas party. And one thing I'm trying to figure out is since they are both on the list of kids in charge of bringing in treats, does this mean I am required to bring in two?!
OH yeah, before I forget....I saw the most glorious sight this afternoon. While I was driving home this afternoon, I spotted a beautiful 1/2 rainbow. It was brilliant against the backdrop of dark grey/blue clouds. See, I'm not used to seeing rainbows, in Ohio, in December!! I also saw the Garrett's headed east on county road 21. I frantically grabbed my cell phone in hopes of calling Cheryl for two reasons; 1.) to be nosy and say, 'Hey! Where y'all headed?' and 2.) to ask,'Hey! Do you see what I see?' (meaning the rainbow)!! But alas, it was not meant to be...for some reason I do not have her numbers programmed on my cell phone! *sigh*
Well, I'm going to end here, as I want to help the kids decorate their tree. I finally got it up and ready for them to decorate. I will probably end up taking their picture Tuesday evening, since they'll be all dressed up for their Christmas concert. Then it'll be a mad dash to get my cards in the mail!!
I hope and pray everyone has a great week and all your Christmas/holiday prep goes smoothly! I for one, am already tired of the rain, and I'm totally dreaming of a white Christmas!! Bring on the snow!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Hey Ang! Yes, we saw it too. It was gorgeous wasn't it!?! We were on our way to Highland Pizza for supper. Don't forget we have Martha Moms Thursday! I will host again...so here at noon. Hugs!!
Post a Comment