Thursday, December 25, 2008

I am so blessed

I know, I know...you're all patiently waiting for a lengthy update from me, however this ain't it!! lol It is currently 11:41pm on December 25th, and at the moment, all is right in my world. My very happy & healthy (thank you God) children are all nestled in their beds, sleeping away. They've had a most busy day of opening gifts, and playing. They are plum tuckered out. My wonderful husband is fast asleep in his chair, surrounded by a complete and total mess, left behind from the opening of said presents, playing with the kids toys (with and without them), and the gifts we got from Mom & Tom on Tuesday night. I have just finished plucking the turkey we had for our Christmas dinner, and placed 6 quart size freezer bags full of turkey meat, in the fridge with all the other leftovers. We had a wonderful Christmas. The kids are happy with the gifts Santa brought them, as well as the clothes they got from Mommy & Daddy. There was peace in my house today...the kids didn't fight, in fact, they didn't get up until 9am!! So technically, we got to sleep in this morning. Brian and I didn't bicker either, which usually by the end of the day, when we're both exhausted, we usually have a few words for each other, and they usually aren't very pretty words either. The only comment he made to me tonight, was that the kids got too much, which much to his surprise, I completely agreed with him. They did get too much, but like I said in previous posts, we did cut way back this year. Next year, will be different though. I promise! The only thing that would have made this day more perfect than it was, would have been if Brian's mom would have been here with us. Maybe next year....

I will post about her visit with us, which was way too short; our Christmas with my parents, our visit from Santa Claus, etc. later. I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas (while it's still Christmas), and shout from the rooftops, I am so blessed.

Love to you all!! (((HUGS)))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok ~ seriously girlfriend...the holiday excuse is over and done with!! What are you doing with yourself? Is everything ok over there? Hope you had a Happy New Year!