There's not a whole to blog about right now. Brian's been working on getting his new work truck and bed ordered, and it's taking him forever to make up his mind. He's torn between what color to get: white like his old work truck or sterling grey metallic. I'm pulling for the grey, but who knows what he'll decide. He likes the grey a lot, but is worried about how any scratches, dings, and road dirt/salt will show on a grey truck! It's exasperating watching him and listening to him go back and forth over this decision, but I know it's just his way of thinking out loud. I can't make this decision for him. It will be his work truck, and he's the one who'll be driving it and working out it, so it has to be his decision.
I've discovered Facebook this week, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. LOL Like Katie said....it's addictive. But incidentally, it could lose it's charm fairly fast. The best thing about it so far is reconnecting with old friends that I've lost contact with over the coarse of 20-25 years or so. With that being said, I've spent WAAAAAAY too much time looking people up to see if they're on Facebook. I did, however, find a friend that I had my freshman year of high school, that I feel we were like kindred spirits. The last 2 days has been spent reconnecting and basically feeling each other out, checking to see if perhaps too much time has passed since we last spoke (about 20 years ago). She and I were totally in love with all the guys from Duran Duran, and we dressed like total 80's chicks back in '84-85!! I wish I had more pictures from back then, because it was when I was skinny (before my PCOS, etc.). Anyway like I said, we're trying to reconnect, and hopefully we'll be able to forge ahead and our friendship will get stronger as time goes on. That's my hope anyway. She's a make up artist in Chicago, never been married and doesn't have kids at the moment. In some ways I envy her life, and she envies mine. When I say envy, I don't necessarily mean in the truest sense of the word, I mean, what mom/wife doesn't ever day dream of being single again, and not having to answer to anyone but herself?!?! But on the other hand, I know she'd like to maybe find someone to settle down with and maybe have a child or two someday. So I guess for now, we can live vicariously through each other. lol
Brian's birthday is next Tuesday. He'll be 39. He's not one to want a fuss be made over him for any reason, and his birthday is no exception. He'd much rather stay at home, than go out for any reason. So for his birthday, I'll comply. I'll plan a nice meal (one of his favorites-meatloaf or steak probably), make him a cake, and get him a nice card. I haven't yet decided on what to get him yet, but I'm hoping I'll get a chance to take the kids shopping for his birthday this weekend. I believe his mom is coming again next week too. Which should be interesting....I was called for jury duty, and if it doesn't get cancelled (I'll call this special number Sunday night), I'm to report at 8:45a.m. at the county courthouse. It's going to make for an interesting week...my MIL will most likely be here, I have mom's prayer group, and if I heard the weather correctly, a possible mid-week snow event. I can hardly wait!! lol
Well, that's about all I have going on at the moment. I still need to upload those pictures...I'm going to do that tonight, while Brian is at work. I have a lunch date planned with my BFF Tammy, tomorrow. We're meeting in Mansfield at Sam's Club and then to Applebee's for lunch. Not sure where we'll go from there. But before I meet her at Sam's, I need to go to the bank, and then run to the Sprint store...I am getting a new cell phone tomorrow! WOOHOO!! I've had this one for about 6 years now, and it's way passed it's prime!! lol I am hoping for decent weather tomorrow, and a fun time with Tammy!!
Thankful Thursday | one more week!
16 hours ago
3 comments:
Okay this is the 2 time I have tried to post a comment...lets see if this works :O!!
Have fun in Mansfield today! My sister and I went yesterday...Kohls, Sams, Meijer!! Did you really say "snow"? I am so done with snow! I am so ready for spring! Thank goodness for Martha Moms next week, I will need to see all of your faces if I have to deal with snow again! Really this does seem like the longest winter in a really long time!! Glad to see your having fun on FB!! I talked Brandy into getting an account, you will have to look her up!!
Yeah it worked!!! LOL!!!
I hope you guys have a wonrf visit with your MIL again! Hope you don't get too muh snow!
Post a Comment