I was watching one of the most compelling episodes of ER that I'd ever seen. It was when Dr. Carter and Lucy were stabbed and Lucy ended up dying from a pulmonary embolism. I will probably never forget that particular episode as long as I live. Why? Well, because nice years ago tonight, I was a first time mom to be, that had a scheduled c-section the next morning. I couldn't sleep at all that night. I was nervous about the c-section, anxious about finally holding my babies, and half afraid I would over sleep and miss my check in time; which was 6 A.M!!
So here it is, going on midnight, and I can't sleep. I just took the cupcakes out of the oven, that they requested to take in for a treat tomorrow. Andy actually asked if I was going to make 2 batches of cupcakes, since it was both his & Sarah's birthday. I replied with, "ummm....nope" That's definitely one of the perks of having them both in the same 3rd grade class. So, before I head to bed in a little while, I'll frost the cupcakes and throw some sprinkles on them, and call it good!!
On Friday, February 11, 2000 at 8:11a.m. Sarah Kae-Louise made her grand entrance into this world. She weighed in at 5lb.s 11.3 oz. and was a whopping 19" long. Andrew Kenneth made his presence known to everyone in the delivery room, by coming out kicking and screaming!! And I am not exaggerating one bit. On his birth certificate it says he was born at 8:12a.m., but technically it was more like 8:11:15a.m. lol He weighed in at a hefty 7lbs. even and was 19 3/4" long. While pregnant with the twins, I was quite aware of everything that could go wrong. Premature birth, low birth weight, pre-term labor, bed rest, babies in the NICU, etc. I had a scheduled c-section not because of any major complications, but simply I was 38 weeks pregnant with twins, and one baby was really starting to grow much faster than the other; not to mention that they were simply running out of room, and well, I was just a tad bit uncomfortable.
I just can't get over how fast they've grown, and how time has just flown right by since they were born. Andy is really shaping up to be a wonderful young man, who for time being, doesn't mind admitting that he is indeed a mama's boy. And Sarah, well, she's becoming a bright young lady, who's developing quite the attitude. lol I can hear my mother laughing now!! And I can still hear her telling me "I hope when you have a daughter, she's just like you!!" On one hand that wouldn't be so bad...I think I turned out just fine. However, on that other hand, I know the things I did, when I was younger, and thought no one was looking!! All I have to say to that is, "Lord? I'm gonna need Your help with this!"
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
3 comments:
Please tell Sarah and Andy I wish them a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I pray they have a blessed day! and DON'T forget to work out!!
Happy Birthday Andy and Sarah!!!
Ang, you are very blessed to have such great kiddos!! Oh I am so with you on the girl thing...we need to stick together! As far as the mama's boy...I have two and love every min of it!! As I am sure you do too!!!
So here's to 9 yrs ago...2 very special kids and a wonderful mama!
P.S. we need to get Sarah her gift...maybe I will bring it after school when I pick Allie up!
Happy Birthday to your babies! I remember that episode too...isn't it funny the things you remember? I hope they have a wonderful birthday and I'm sending you lots of hugs!!!!
Post a Comment