Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Prayers needed

If you could spare some much needed prayers for my father in law, Jerry, I'd really appreciate it. I don't have all the details, but I do know he had surgery to drain off some fluid from his abdominal area. I know, very vague details, but it's all I have right now. Brian's dad has been battling cancer for about 2 years now, and well, it's getting to the point of where quality of life seems to be missing. Why do most doctors insist on the QUANTITY, and not the quality?!?! He's been doing chemo for a year now; every other week, he goes in for treatment. It's taking it's toll on him, and quite frankly, I'm afraid the chemo will end up killing him before the cancer even advances enough to be an issue.

I imagine we'll be telling the kids sooner than we'd hoped to. I've always felt that since Jerry is Brian's dad, that Brian should be the one to tell the kids, with my love & support of course. We were really hoping to not have to burden them with worry about their Grandpa, and quite honestly, I'm just not sure if I'm ready for all the questions, I'm sure they're bound to ask us about cancer & dying. But then again, is anyone ever really ready to tackle this very delicate subject with their kids??

Anyway, if you could please keep Jerry, and our family in your prayers, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll post an update soon...well, as soon as I hear anything else on his situation and prognosis. Thanks a bunch!!

2 comments:

LaFever's said...

...and Prayers it what you will get!! Hang in there sweetie! Call if you need ANYTHING!!!!

Unknown said...

All over it. I will pray for you and Brian and the kids as well. Pray that God gives you the words, Angie. He'll make sure you know exactly what to say to the kids.